Focus RS Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
just taken my under tray off and had a look - driver side intercooler jubilee clip is exactly where yours was........i foresee a 'mare of a job!!! wish me luck!
Get that 7mm ring spanner at the ready and a nice comfy cushion under your head whilst laying on the floor... it's a fair amount of turns with that spanner :cry:

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Its a PITA attempted mine tonight and got all the mountune hoses on before it went dark. Just need to pull the hose to the throttle body up a bit more as its difficult to keep in position (without slipping down) and tighten at the same time.

Know what you had to go through now Trigger!
I attached the throttle body hose from the top much easier to get to that way, the jubilees clips are right where the oil filter cooler pipe runs across so makes it even more difficult to get onto the jubillee screws.

I wouldn't attempt the job after work though :blink: .... I waited until the weekend, I kind of had a feeling that such a simple looking pipe would be a PITA to fit.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I bought a 7mm ratchet spanner especially for that clip! Typically the set I have only went down to 8mm......... It's much easier with a ratchet spanner, obviously you can put it back in a more user friendly position though.

·
Premium Member
3,214 Posts
that went pretty much as expected!!! Even less successful than Fonze

hard pipe was no problem. Finally got throttle body / intercooler pipe off after about 45mins - gave up trying to get it on! will reconvene in the morning!

I bought a 7mm ratchet spanner especially for that clip! Typically the set I have only went down to 8mm......... It's much easier with a ratchet spanner, obviously you can put it back in a more user friendly position though.
yeah, i thought they were 8mm before i started!

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
that went pretty much as expected!!! Even less successful than Fonze

hard pipe was no problem. Finally got throttle body / intercooler pipe off after about 45mins - gave up trying to get it on! will reconvene in the morning!

yeah, i thought they were 8mm before i started!
Lol..count to 10 Kev!..I threw a few :f: into the equation when doing mine...thinking why did I ever attempt this :laughing:

·
Premium Member
3,214 Posts
Lol..count to 10 Kev!..I threw a few :f: into the equation when doing mine...thinking why did I ever attempt this :laughing:
hence why I gave up!

original plan was to get it fitted at the 1st service, but never turned up in time. TBH, if it werent for this thread, i would have done the hard pipe, looked at the intercooler one and then put that one back in the box!!!!

·
Registered
445 Posts
I attached the throttle body hose from the top much easier to get to that way, the jubilees clips are right where the oil filter cooler pipe runs across so makes it even more difficult to get onto the jubillee screws.

I wouldn't attempt the job after work though :blink: .... I waited until the weekend, I kind of had a feeling that such a simple looking pipe would be a PITA to fit.
As you said mate the jubilee clips are in the worst possible orientation as standard which really doesnt help access. Got the majority done but was certainly cursing under my breath doing it on a ramp would be far easier. Wd40 helped a lot aswell!

·
Premium Member
3,214 Posts
Sorted! Helps if you slacken the jubilee clips off before trying to push the pipes on :blush:

This and the quickshifter were 2 of the most simple PITA jobs i have done! And i used to think i mechanically competent.

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Quick shifter wasn't too bad for me I did it after I racked up about 1k miles so the roll pin wasn't seized in there..if you re-orientated the jubilee clips now at least you are in a position to remove the pipes again fairly easily....anyway glad you got it sorted though - well done! :nice:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Managed to do part of this today. Trigger without your advice Id be stuffed! What a PITA this was to do. I managed to do the hard pipe and the two hoses each side of that. But when it got to the lower 3rd pipe off the drivers side intercooler I threw in the towel. I just cant get my hand and spanner in enough to reach that last screw.

Fortunately Ill be taking the front bumper off soon to fit the intercooler so Ill get at it then. But my hat goes off to you guys at managing it. It cost me most the skin on my hands and a lot of swearing.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts