Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All booked in for Cp340 map at the end of the month, with all the required hardware taking it to Cp370. What would be the best to use between the mountune airbox with a k&n extreme filter, or ditching the airbox and getting a bigger Group A? Thanks :)

·
Registered
509 Posts
i made more power with a group A over the mountune box but the mountune box feels better with the group a i had flat spots

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I think the difference in power is a bit of a myth if you look at the science of induction so as long as the car can take in the air it requires for the map etc all is well.

But it has to be Mountune of course. Why? Because it has to be lol!

#notbiased

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
One of my mates had, along with other hardware, an AS CAIS, made 430bhp swapped to a Group A, and struggled to make 400 on the same rollers

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
One of my mates had, along with other hardware, an AS CAIS, made 430bhp swapped to a Group A, and struggled to make 400 on the same rollers
I understand, but logically it's hard to grasp how two sports induction systems both designed to improve airflow can have a difference in power of 30 BHP unless other factors are involved?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Group A needs a decent cold air feed

Ive got a feed from my foglight and the intake temps when datalogging were same as outside temp

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I understand, but logically it's hard to grasp how two sports induction systems both designed to improve airflow can have a difference in power of 30 BHP unless other factors are involved?
Ambient temps will have played a part, the Group A will suffer on the rollers as well due to engine heat soak.

Personally, i've got a AS CAIS and won't be going for anything different :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
I've got the Mountune X4 and I'm happy with it. It's good for 420.

Everything looks OEM so neat and tidy and not OTT which I also like.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I've got the Mountune X4 and I'm happy with it. It's good for 420.
Everything looks OEM so neat and tidy and not OTT which I also like.
Only thing is if you drive too fast through a ford or a deep puddle you can end up with a fish in your airbox!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts