Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,255 Posts
Great result from Mat Jackson at Rockingham last weekend for the Ford Focus ST's of Motorbase performance. The Ecoboost engine being developed by Mountune seems to be putting out power that could make the MK3 Focus RS a real winner in 2.3L form if the 2.0L is anything to go by.

Do other members think that we might get an Extreme version of the MK3 RS loosely based on the racing BTTC car further down the line as I must admit it does look the business? I appreciate it can't be built on the Saarlouis production line but I am sure there are plenty of small producers out there that could.

Tire Vehicle Cloud Sky Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Hood

Attachments

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Well, our much beloved MK2 came from the touring car side of things rather than rally, although I think besides the 500 (I think Mountune may already be working towards this) perhaps fifteen 52 are the only realistic possibility :l:

Not sure if the MK3 RS will make an appearance in BTCC, I see them sticking with the FWD ST base model, perhaps dumping the 2.3 lump in though :yep:

·
Registered
957 Posts
A wouldny like that look tbh. If it was something like the series 1 or Fiesta RST type bodykit then I think it would look good. Bonnet vent's alone would make it more aggressive looking I think.

·
Registered
227 Posts
The Motorbase Focus is an independant car. They have the association with Mountune, but not Ford.

I cannot see any road Focus having any connection with the Motorbase car.

The work Mountune have done on the race engine may lead to some carry over to road engines, but I wouldn't expect anything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.