Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2015 mk7 Golf R - amazing car, though I'm really tempted by the new RS as its more understated than the mk2 but more aggressive looking than my Tornado Red R plus the stats don't lie, it's quicker accelerating, bigger top end and in my opinion sounds better.

I have gone back and forth between the Golf & Focus hot hatches for a number of years until my last mk2 RS in 2010. Since then I have only had golfs.

Mr preferred dealer in Herne Bay (they deal with Haynes Maidstone to get orders/stock) told me today that Ford have not loaded the RS onto the finance systems yet so he is going to chase it on Monday.

As I said I love the Golf R the very best hot hatch I've ever owned, very closely followed by my blue mk2 RS, decisions to be made next week.

Great information here, thank you.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Same situation as me.

The R is an excellent all round car but sadly unlike the 6R, the 7 is becoming far to common. Also, it does not give me the wow factor, its perhaps a little to German as such.

My choice will be between a mk2 or new mk3. Proving to be a very hard decision to make.

Have fun making your decisions...

·
Registered
58 Posts
The lease deals were great - got loads of people into cars for far less money than the poor guys who bought them on PCP but the downside is the lease deals have effectively killed any exclusivity the R could have had.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I've got a 2015 mk7 Golf R - amazing car, though I'm really tempted by the new RS as its more understated than the mk2 but more aggressive looking than my Tornado Red R plus the stats don't lie, it's quicker accelerating, bigger top end and in my opinion sounds better.
I have gone back and forth between the Golf & Focus hot hatches for a number of years until my last mk2 RS in 2010. Since then I have only had golfs.
Mr preferred dealer in Herne Bay (they deal with Haynes Maidstone to get orders/stock) told me today that Ford have not loaded the RS onto the finance systems yet so he is going to chase it on Monday.
As I said I love the Golf R the very best hot hatch I've ever owned, very closely followed by my blue mk2 RS, decisions to be made next week.
Great information here, thank you.
The Golf R is great car and has a great gear box, some mild tuning and I'm sure you won't want to budge. If you like understated though the mk3 ticks that box.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've got a Golf R that I've had 4 months. Sold the RS at the same time but the R isn't a patch on the RS if you ask me, just not as enjoyable to drive. Got a new White RS on order with black wheels but didn't go for the leather Recaro upgrade this time. I found they sqeaked a lot and the leather wears away on the edges, plus they ain't they comfy. Can't justify the extra £1145 to be honest.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Golf R is great car and has a great gear box, some mild tuning and I'm sure you won't want to budge. If you like understated though the mk3 ticks that box.
Yes having had dialogue today with the ford dealer I'm pretty sure I will stick with the Golf R, it really is a great car. My next change will be for the Golf R400 if it gets confirmed for sure.

There are so many top Hot Hatchs now that I guess tick diffrent boxes for a very broad range of owners, long live the Hot Hatch whatever the brand!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.