Show car and collectors item 55.88%
Track car11.18%
Weekends1315.29%
Summer44.71%
Winter11.18%

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
So after having a chat with a couple of colleagues at work last night I want to know where people stand...
Do people think an RS should be garaged and driven like once or twice a year or so people think they should be daily drives?

My thoughts are that I'm gona be using it as a daily drive and that's what I bought it for lol I want a car that's not boring and that I can enjoy and give the odd little bit of abuse to 😜 Plus I miss the tuning so that will come with it, I also couldn't think of spending 30k on a performance car and driving a 1.0 fiesta everywhere while it sat in a garage haha

But My colleagues said an RS should be locked away and kept pristine and hidden from the world lol

Where do you sit with it??? ☺

·
Registered
227 Posts
I kept my EVO in a garage, done 11,800 miles in 10 years of ownership, from new. Was a show car, but now I want something to use and abuse, so the RS is perfect!

It will not be a daily, but will get used, even in the rain :eek:

·
Registered
525 Posts
Not enough options, I voted show car as will not be daily. However it's not going to be a queen and will be used properly just not everyday as got company car for that and to cart the kids and dog in. Plus avoid those horrid shopping car parks in it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Not sure as I have a daily and a track/fun car but due to where I live more a winter car, so neither of the above :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
23,439 Posts
Daily driver for me, as was my mk2, one of the happiest 30k I did in less then 2 years in any car.
I would be locking my other car away.

But
Wait till few of our resident garage queens would come, like @Gareth350 @1tub @MickRS @Daryl :lol:
1st time i've had my car called a garage queen??!! :blush: Never been in a garage in it's life & used all year round! :laughing: :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
1st time i've had my car called a garage queen??!! :blush: Never been in a garage in it's life & used all year round! :laughing: :thumbsup:
My first reaction when i saw your name and garage queen used in the same sentence was :blink: :thud: :rofl:

Daily for me otherwise what's the point :nice:

·
Registered
15,690 Posts
Ok il admit I don't use it
But it isn't really a garage queen
There isn't really a category for me

Two shows this year and a trip to mountune
Can't put that in weekend or summer
So princess maybe
Nearest I guess is show car

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
My view is use it and enjoy it. Care for it and keep it special. I keep the mileage as low as possible and use another car as my daily but at least twice a week the RS is out. We're not going to be around forever.

·
Premium Member
Dave - PB Mk2 2009 - 1 Owner ME.
11,443 Posts
I notice this is in the mk3 section, so not sure if the question is specifically about mk3 RS or not.

So I have answered it based on my mk2 usage, which was daily from Aug 2009 till Feb 2013,
since then it has been more of an occasional car,
more due to the fact wife is not working and thus not using her fusion daily, I'd rather put the mileage on a 1.6 TDI Fusion than the RS, but stil occasionally use RS to go to work when missus needs to drive somewhere.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.