Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, has anyone had any issues with car cutting out? Mine started the other day, drove a good 15 mile to shops, then when I fired up to come home,it started fine, but when put into gear to drive it cuts out, it did it about 5 times, but then drove home fine. Been out in it again today, starts first time, but cuts out once every time, then goes fine????

·
Premium Member
William-RS Mk3
653 Posts
Yes I have had this before, first you need to notice if it is a total electrical failure by seeing if the outside air temperature goes to -18 and takes about 20-30 minutes to read correctly again. Two possible issues are Ghost and low battery voltage. I found that keeping the battery on soak all the time with the Cetek set to AGM battery, we have an EGM battery in the RS, actually cured both faults so I never had the Ghost wiring change done. My Ghost was installed back in March 2017.

·
Super Moderator
BMW 1M
10,799 Posts
In the Mk3, is the fuel filter separate to the fuel delivery module?

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The fuel filter is next to the fuel tank, couldn't tell you about fuel delivery module mate

·
Super Moderator
BMW 1M
10,799 Posts
Just had a quick look in the previously posted workshop manual which confirms your findings. (y)

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can't open it for some reason mate,my mate works at fords and didn't even know they have a fuel filter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts