Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering who likes or dislikes the rear pimple & who is going to go for the US spec rear diffuser?

If you do, what alternative fog lamp will you go for (if at all)?

I only ask as i'm not keen on it & if i were buying i would lose it. :yep:

·
Premium Member
23,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seems it has grown on people then, everyone seemed to hate it at 1st! :yep:

TBF, i bet it's an expensive part to buy! :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
Dave - PB Mk2 2009 - 1 Owner ME.
11,443 Posts
I can see a few people damaging it when parking.

Personally I don't like it, way too low to be effective in my personal opinion.

Where is it on th ST? I have never looked

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Strangely enough it had grown on me recently, even though I disliked it with all my heart since the launch.
Now I'm not to sure if I would order US spec diffuser, as I first intended, maybe just a tint now.

·
Premium Member
10,229 Posts
I don't mind it Gareth now, I may have at first thought it was a bit out of place.

My RS is also going to stay standard. Apart from the wheels being changed from that black.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
I despise it, it's just one of those things that unnecessarily annoy me :lol:

I just don't get how the person that designed it thought 'yeah, yeah that looks good'.

Or was it a case of 'that'll do' :lol:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I can see a few people damaging it when parking.

Personally I don't like it, way too low to be effective in my personal opinion.

Where is it on th ST? I have never looked
Fog lights are supposed to be low are they not, so they go under the fog? The current FL Mk3 ST has one fog light which is mounted on the offside corner of the rear bumper. It has a matching reflector on the other side but without the fog light.

I don't mind it, at least in is in the centre of the car and not a big red light on one side that looks odd.
This. I hate that they went from one on each side, in the rear cluster, on the PFL Mk3 ST to just one on the FL. I've been looking into mounting one on the other side but not had much time to fiddle with it.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Fog lights are supposed to be low are they not, so they go under the fog? The current FL Mk3 ST has one fog light which is mounted on the offside corner of the rear bumper. It has a matching reflector on the other side but without the fog light.

This. I hate that they went from one on each side, in the rear cluster, on the PFL Mk3 ST to just one on the FL. I've been looking into mounting one on the other side but not had much time to fiddle with it.
They don't have to be low, the rear one is brighter so people can see you from behind. Unless you drive backwards everywhere.

·
Registered
39 Posts
They don't have to be low, the rear one is brighter so people can see you from behind. Unless you drive backwards everywhere.
They have to be within a certain distance from the road I believe. If they just face back into the fog they'll reflect rather than penetrate to the cars behind.

·
Premium Member
23,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just annoying things, esp when people put them on in rain, not very heavy fog, built up area & dont switch them off or Saxo / Fez etc, etc driver who think it's cool to have front ones on ALL the time!! :mad:

Never used fog lamps in 25 years of driving! :nope:

·
Premium Member
3,655 Posts
Just annoying things, esp when people put them on in rain, not very heavy fog, built up area & dont switch them off or Saxo / Fez etc, etc driver who think it's cool to have front ones on ALL the time!! :mad:

Never used fog lamps in 25 years of driving! :nope:
+1 :yep: I did actually switch mine on the other day (after a clean) purely to make sure they all still worked... :whistle: :laughing:

I'm fairly indifferent on the one on the Mk3 RS, though will agree it does look like a bit of an afterthought and could have been made to look much better. I've just had visions of the 'pimple' being stuck on the back of the Mk2; it's wrong, just wrong! :facepalm: :smile:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.