Electric adjustable seating
Heated seating
Heated steering wheel
Illuminated door sills
Front parking sensors/Active park assist
Driver assistance pack
Adaptive cruise control
Blind spot information system

All available options or standard features on vehicles NOT top of their vehicle pyramid...

A poor show IMO. I'm most bothered about the heated seats/wheel and illuminated door sills being unavailable... pathetic

·
Registered
503 Posts
Raj Nair states "RS is top of the pyramid"

But it doesn't come with the ability to select:

Heated seating
Heated steering wheel
Illuminated door sills
Driver assistance pack
Adaptive cruise control

All available options or standard features on vehicles NOT top of their vehicle pyramid...

A poor show IMO. I'm most bothered about the heated seats/wheel and illuminated door sills being unavailable... pathetic
I disagree, if you want all the bells and whistles of an automated car buy a Titanium. if you add all those drivers aids it would be boring and would weigh 2 tons.

·
Premium Member
13,256 Posts

Heated seating
Heated steering wheel
Illuminated door sills
Driver assistance pack
Adaptive cruise control

Well if I was going to buy a MK3 I would certainly want a heated seat doesn't Ford look at the posts about the MK2. Is it only Americans that like to keep their butts warm in winter.

I must admit for a top of the range vehicle there are some glaring options missing for the UK.

·
Premium Member
23,438 Posts
I disagree, if you want all the bells and whistles of an automated car buy a Titanium. if you add all those drivers aids it would be boring and would weigh 2 tons.
When other countries get the option of some of these things on the RS, it sounds like the UK are being short changed & would be nice for the buyer to have the choice of what they want & not what Ford thinks we dont.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts

Heated seating
Heated steering wheel
Illuminated door sills
Driver assistance pack
Adaptive cruise control

Well if I was going to buy a MK3 I would certainly want a heated seat doesn't Ford look at the posts about the MK2. Is it only Americans that like to keep their butts warm in winter.

I must admit for a top of the range vehicle there are some glaring options missing for the UK.
Well if you look at other configurators for other countries you can find these options, so its not like Ford haven't made them available , they've just not made them available to us. Thats the kicker. If an option is being manufactured then why not make it available to all (its a global car isn't it) - OK minus things that are for reasons of local legislation, but heated seats and wheel should be available to all...

·
previously GrahamS
1,138 Posts
Well if you look at other configurators for other countries you can find these options, so its not like Ford haven't made them available , they've just not made them available to us. Thats the kicker. If an option is being manufactured then why not make it available to all (its a global car isn't it) - OK minus things that are for reasons of local legislation, but heated seats and wheel should be available to all...
Exactly. And it's not like we're asking for them for free. The more options they give us the more money they make

·
Registered
97 Posts
I spoke to ford UK today and expressed our concerns and gave them a link to the forums. They are going to pass the info onto the design team and said they appreciat this kind of feedback.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Hey, way I look at it is, RS isn't a right in the UK. Preformance car sales are down year on year in the UK, where as in the U.S. They are up 43%.

We are lucky we are even getting it, remember this isn't team RS any more. This is ford preformance which is US based.

·
Premium Member
23,438 Posts
I believe the UK market has always been the biggest market for any RS model previously, for the UK not to have got it would have been outrageous!

Its the whole RS heritage & what the badge means, that other countries dont really get fully.

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
I spoke to ford UK today and expressed our concerns and gave them a link to the forums. They are going to pass the info onto the design team and said they appreciat this kind of feedback.
Nice idea, maybe a little late for this. I'd consider another open letter aimed at the Ford UK executive who has replaced Mark Overton once it's confirmed such items are definately not UK spec

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
It really puzzles me about the list if options. If something isnt available for a model because its not been designed or available for fitment on the line then fair enough but why the hell the UK cars cant have something that is being fitted onto German, French, Spain car etc out of the same factory it really baffles me. From a business point of view surely Ford should be wanting to maximising revenue for every car they sell. I can understand they fix the base price by what they think the market will stand, and ive not read one comment that people are unhappy that items are not included in the base price. Come on Ford update the options list for the UK if something can be fitted to the RS for another country why cannot be avaliable in the UK and let the consumer be the judge if they are prepared to pay for it.

·
Premium Member
23,438 Posts
It really puzzles me about the list if options. If something isnt available for a model because its not been designed or available for fitment on the line then fair enough but why the hell the UK cars cant have something that is being fitted onto German, French, Spain car etc out of the same factory it really baffles me. From a business point of view surely Ford should be wanting to maximising revenue for every car they sell. I can understand they fix the base price by what they think the market will stand, and ive not read one comment that people are unhappy that items are not included in the base price. Come on Ford update the options list for the UK if something can be fitted to the RS for another country why cannot be avaliable in the UK and let the consumer be the judge if they are prepared to pay for it.
Have to agree.

Make a base car at a certain price, that will please all those who say these 'luxury' options shouldn't be on a 'sports' car, have all options available as seperate options, then people can choose exactly what they want, this way Ford can make more on each car & essentially be one fixed set of options for all markets.

All this messing around with different 'packs' / options for different markets just make things too complicated,

The mk2 was far simpler with only a couple of options available abroad that the UK didn't get & vice versa.

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You'd be surprised by who reads these forums, but we need to be realistic about influencing the powers that be.
I have no doubt they do.

I know tinted glass being split from the style pack maybe isn't such a big ask as adding some of these features, but it was a successful campaign. Something I'd willingly spare time for on a Ford thats going to cost me close to £34000 when my current £21000 ST-3 has it all already. Maybe I can include Mr Raj Nair with this one too, see if he responds also.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Have to agree.

Make a base car at a certain price, that will please all those who say these 'luxury' options shouldn't be on a 'sports' car, have all options available as seperate options, then people can choose exactly what they want, this way Ford can make more on each car & essentially be one fixed set of options for all markets.

All this messing around with different 'packs' / options for different markets just make things too complicated,

The mk2 was far simpler with only a couple of options available abroad that the UK didn't get & vice versa.
Too Right,

The other kicker is that this is a global car, all being made in the same factory on the same production lines etc, so its not like all the options aren't already there in the factory. There is absolutely no reason at all to restrict options. I really fancied Black Multi-Spoke - I can get them in Portugal but not here! (Why??) Come on Ford explain yourself.

At this moment in time I have actually decided not to purchase, I don't see why I should have to pick the best of a bad/limited choice just to have the RS Mk3 T-Shirt. Why should we in the UK (the foundation of RS heritage) have to compromise... when there is no reason to - Don't understand the sense of it - and as said above - surely more options = more opportunities to make money - isn't that the name of the game...

Just annoyed with Ford about the whole thing really... Keep cash in bank for a bit and see what manifests later on...

·
Premium Member
23,438 Posts
Keep cash in bank for a bit and see what manifests later on...
I wouldn't be at all surprised if later cars have more choices in what can be chosen in the options department.

Later mk2s had the choice of white wheels added to the options list so not impossible for the dark std wheels to be added. :yep:

1 - 20 of 225 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.