Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to replace the colour coded blue covers on my RS but couldn't find a decent 'how to' anywhere, so having studied once the mirror glass was removed worked it out. This 'how to' will hopefully help if you have to replace for a broken cover, or change as I have done.........Hope it helps

Photo 1.jpg

Photo 2.jpg

Photo 3.jpg

Photo 4 (2).jpg

Photo 5 (2).jpg

Photo 6 (2).jpg

Photo 7 (2).jpg

Photo 8.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,068 Posts
ive always popped them off from the top working my round the edge using a thin trim remover tool,prob safer to remove the glass though so you dont risk snapping the tabs,as long as you dont break the glass that is :laughing:

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
The correct method is the tabs same as the Mk2, you can do it by just tilting the mirror forward and inserting 2 screwdrivers of the correct diameter in the release tabs.

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
The correct method is the tabs same as the Mk2, you can do it by just tilting the mirror forward and inserting 2 screwdrivers of the correct diameter in the release tabs.
That's the way I removed mine when I changed over to painted gloss black covers :yep: :nice:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
May well be, shame there was no 'how to' not that I could see anyway, that's why I put one together, however, a tad risky shoving a flat blade through the mirror gap, IMHO safer to remove glass, much safer........

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Just like this:

(this is for a Mk2, but the principle is exactly the same for the Mk3). You don't need to fold the mirror back, but you do need to push the glass in the same way.

·
Administrator
7,889 Posts
Definitely better to remove glass; it comes away very easily. I just swapped mine offside cap for a new one that has been ceramic coated following a 'minor scrape' with a transit that had no awareness of lane positioning :facepalm:

I now have spare near and offside caps which I have a plan for :nice:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts