Focus RS Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
I've just had my battery replaced but still not holding charge. Anyone have a similar issue?
Although there are circuits which are live all the time, if you have something that's draining over and above what's normal when at rest, it'll steadily lose charge.

What accessories have you got? Dash cams with the movement sensor are known to be an issue along with tracker systems not entering 'sleep' mode. My battery has gone completely flat on two occasions for no apparent reason until I found that on the second occasion at least, the damn Cobb (Mountune) handset that I set up to show gauges, was not always switching off with the ignition so over a week or so, drained the battery.

JohnD

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
Although there are circuits which are live all the time, if you have something that's draining over and above what's normal when at rest, it'll steadily lose charge.
What accessories have you got? Dash cams with the movement sensor are known to be an issue along with tracker systems not entering 'sleep' mode. My battery has gone completely flat on two occasions for no apparent reason until I found that on the second occasion at least, the damn Cobb (Mountune) handset that I set up to show gauges, was not always switching off with the ignition so over a week or so, drained the battery.

JohnD
Many thanks. I now have a better metre so I'm going to keep a track on the battery status. I was using a simple red amber green CTEK indicator attached to the battery for the CTEk charger, perhaps this is not too accurate.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
My original battery (02/2017) died completely last week. The car has done about 1k in the last year so not entirely shocked (not trickle charged). It was immediately condemned by the recovery man and I now have a Bosch S5A08 installed. 5 year warranty and not cheap but I watched how much work was involved to swap out and it saved me a whole load of faffing with hoses and the air filter.

Now back to your programme.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts