Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all does anyone please know how many years warranty the battery comes with, mines dead on the Red Ed. Wont hold a charge, it was 2 years old in April.

Many thanks Neil .

·
Premium Member
High-miler MR420
2,093 Posts
How many miles has your Red Ed done? Looking at the disclaimers on the link the other Andy shared you could fall foul of the neglect disclaimer i.e. if you don't use the car the battery innards will sulfate and die. Not looking for an argument, just offering some thoughts :yep:

·
Premium Member
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How many miles has your Red Ed done? Looking at the disclaimers on the link the other Andy shared you could fall foul of the neglect disclaimer i.e. if you don't use the car the battery innards will sulfate and die. Not looking for an argument, just offering some thoughts :yep:
Funny you should say that it does smell sulphery !! :lol: Only done 11k :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
High-miler MR420
2,093 Posts
Hehe, lead batteries stink but possible "neglect" you naughty boy! Has the battery been on trickle/maintenance charge? Or just parked up in and amongst its 11k miles? Simple dealer stress test would declare it fecked I'd imagine

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
I've just replaced mine,7000 miles just over 2 years old. My local ford dealer wanted it for a day to diagnose that it's faulty,I'd already had it checked at local motor factors who confirmed it was shot,then they had to get in touch with ford warranty to fit a new battery which I had to book it in yet again for fitting,I just bought a new battery & fitted it myself.

·
Super Moderator
BMW 1M
10,796 Posts
I would tell them it's been maintained by a battery conditioner, rather than been on trickle charge.

It looks like Ford actually sell a Ford badged CTEK conditioner.

·
Premium Member
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well there’s a surprise !!!! Spoken to Evans Halshaw Ford Chester just now and have been informed the battery only comes with a 12 month warranty from new !! What a load of BS :lol:

·
Premium Member
William-RS Mk3
634 Posts
When I had battery problems Ford warranty confirmed that you have a three year warranty on it but not five years if you have the extended warranty. My battery was recovered foc by my Ford Dealer and has behaved since, 11k miles and 3.5 years old. I keep it on a battery conditioner. Since being recovered it is now so charged up that start/stop always works from the off so I am still getting used to turning it off! Start/stop hardly ever worked in the cars life even after 300 mile run on the motorway and I have had two total power failures in the car so whatever the garage battery recovery did fixed all the issues.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
What are the best options for a replacement battery for the mk3 Rs think mine is getting lazy, giving it a reconditioned cycle on the ctek to see if it helps.
I fitted one of these,slightly more power.

Carnivore Font Rectangle Electronic device Advertising

im sure previous owner swapped the battery on mine as he also had a ford connect van & this is the one the was on,the smaller battery.

Gas Machine Technology Electrical supply Fixture

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts