Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just had the milltek ultimate fitted which i'm really pleased with but i think it would look better if it was a little higher and not sticking out as much. Is every ones the same who have this exhaust? Wont bother me if it cant as it still looks really good but if it can be done then i'd rather do it.

Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Grille

Attachments

·
Registered
816 Posts
as said you should be able to push them in which will move them closer to the defuser with them being upswept. i know mine do mines normal milltek

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Not sure you can do much about the height in the openings but you can adjust how much they stick out, the tail pipes have brackets to adjust them :)

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
mine sit like that until they get hot and it all expands
I've not noticed any movement with mine...but strangely enough, it was a topic of conversation at a show last week. Apparently they can move after fitting and need adjustment.

Perhaps mine have never got hot :facepalm:

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers for all the reply's, I'll try and do it in the morning. Looks so much better in all them pics with it flush to the defuser

·
Registered
971 Posts
They should really be flush with the diffuser:

attachicon.gif
RS_Tailpipe.jpg
attachicon.gif
Focus_RS_Kaylan_MF_2.jpg
Cool pics dude ;)

On a similar note, one of my tips needs rotating a bit but when I tried to do it I couldn't get it to budge in any direction......yes I did undo the clip defore anyone asks lol! Swearing was also involved but no hammers :laughing:
Any tips anyone?

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Cool pics dude ;)

On a similar note, one of my tips needs rotating a bit but when I tried to do it I couldn't get it to budge in any direction......yes I did undo the clip defore anyone asks lol! Swearing was also involved but no hammers :laughing:
Any tips anyone?
Thanks Mike - I seem to have an RS photo for every occasion...just can't help myself :laughing:

I'd be swearing at them just like you - I wouldn't want to do any damage. No more tips from me I'm afraid (only exhaust tips).

·
Super Moderator
BMW 1M
10,785 Posts
If they're anything like the Mountune system (Milltek), you can rotate them and also move them on the pipes as per the posts above.

A bit of copper grease on the threads will help with any future OCD alignment fumbling. :laughing:

Also as above, the system will expand when it gets hot and the tail pipes will stick out a little further from the diffuser.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I've not noticed any movement with mine...but strangely enough, it was a topic of conversation at a show last week. Apparently they can move after fitting and need adjustment.

Perhaps mine have never got hot :facepalm:
i had to realign mine about 6 months after it as fitted as it dropped one side but been alright since then.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light

Attachments

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've managed to move the right tip further in but it's still not flush but not far off. The left side won't budge at all. Spraying wd40 on the join to lube it up but it still won't move at all ahhhh don't know what to do now lol

·
Super Moderator
BMW 1M
10,785 Posts
I've managed to move the right tip further in but it's still not flush but not far off. The left side won't budge at all. Spraying wd40 on the join to lube it up but it still won't move at all ahhhh don't know what to do now lol
Give it a slight tap with either a rubber mallet or hammer/block of wood combo. You just need to break the seal.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Managed to get them level now by using a mallet and block of wood but the left tip is slightly to the left and there is no way of turning it as there still isn't any movement. :sad:

·
Premium Member
9,997 Posts
I know what your saying... That one on the left is sticking out a lot! :blink:
Mountune fitted their EURO Cat-back on mine and bless them, the chap was led on the floor for AGES trying to get it level but I said not to worry as he tried his best but one of mine is a few mil lower than the other but it can't be helped sometimes! :lol: :facepalm:
My OCD notices it though haha! :smile:

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Mine went out of whack but Mountune realigned them for me FOC. Currently okay. They settle after they have been heated and cooled for a few months.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.