Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After two days of getting a headache looking at what exhaust to get, i think I'm going to go with the Milltek sport cat back non resonated. They have it on RSD website for £680. Is that a good price or can i get it elsewhere for cheaper?

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
That does look like the ultimate, won't be too loud though, it's basically the same as Mountune's UK version.

I know someone with a non-res version of that (non-res put in after for all those Mountune insiders :wink:) and it sounds mint.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No mate, the ultimate edition one is on there for £770. I read somewhere that it's quite loud and the drone will do my head in lol

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Might be worth confirming if it's the ultimate or not mate, the description says its 3 inch all the way through which was the major, maybe only change that was made for the ultimate cat back.

The ultimate defo drones, depends how much long distance driving you do because it's worth it the rest of the time!

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Or maybe they just cheated and copied and pasted the ultimate specs in both, the ultimate is listed too about 100 quid more

·
Registered
615 Posts
Might be worth confirming if it's the ultimate or not mate, the description says its 3 inch all the way through which was the major, maybe only change that was made for the ultimate cat back.

The ultimate defo drones, depends how much long distance driving you do because it's worth it the rest of the time!
If you click this link: http://www.rs-direct.co.uk/store/category.php?id_category=44 then isnt that the ultimate underneath?

ah, looks like RSD have their pics the wrong way round, the twin box silencer is the ultimate I thought, and the standard having just the one large silencer?
I know little about exhausts at all as you can tell :laughing: all i know is i don't want one that is going to be too loud and what i've heard of the milltek it sounds nice

·
Registered
671 Posts
The only difference between the normal Milltek & Ultimate edition is the size of the bore after the twin silencers. Have a look at my picture. Will make little to no difference in terms of noise.

Mountune UK spec is the same as the Milltek non ultimate I believe but I stand to be corrected as it could have the larger bore like the Ultimate version.

Attachments

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Use the code 'airtecdeano2015' on Autospecalists website and it comes to £614.29
Cheers mate, so that's the cheapest so far :thumbsup:

The only difference between the normal Milltek & Ultimate edition is the size of the bore after the twin silencers. Have a look at my picture. Will make little to no difference in terms of noise.

Mountune UK spec is the same as the Milltek non ultimate I believe but I stand to be corrected as it could have the larger bore like the Ultimate version.
oh really.. hopefully someone will comment who has been in an RS with both of them to confim

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm only running a Bluefin stage 1 map and don't intend to go any higher and I'm only going to be buying the cat back, keeping the standard downpipe & cat etc so will i need to get normal Milltek one or can i still have the ultimate one? Plus i'm hoping the exhaust still sound good this way? Sorry if its a stupid question but i've never changed an exhaust before lol

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I'm only running a Bluefin stage 1 map and don't intend to go any higher and I'm only going to be buying the cat back, keeping the standard downpipe & cat etc so will i need to get normal Milltek one or can i still have the ultimate one? Plus i'm hoping the exhaust still sound good this way? Sorry if its a stupid question but i've never changed an exhaust before lol
I think a catback has the biggest influence on the exhaust sound and I ran a Mountune catback (essentially a Miltek) for a long time before upgrading the downpipe and cat. They all fit I believe but your standard will need to be cut off.
Watch for correct alignment though, when hot and cold as this can vary. Mine kept going wonky ( my exhaust) until it had done a fair few miles then it finally held its adjustment. I had drone with this setup though which was reduced greatly only after the 3inch downpip was fitted.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think a catback has the biggest influence on the exhaust sound and I ran a Mountune catback (essentially a Miltek) for a long time before upgrading the downpipe and cat. They all fit I believe but your standard will need to be cut off.
Watch for correct alignment though, when hot and cold as this can vary. Mine kept going wonky ( my exhaust) until it had done a fair few miles then it finally held its adjustment. I had drone with this setup though which was reduced greatly only after the 3inch downpip was fitted.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cheers I'll check it out when it's done. I expect I'll end up doing exactly the same and add bits as I go along. If I can't handle the drone then it will be more sooner than later lol

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I had twin box at back with non res, loved it.

Sounds even better with decat.
I'm looking forward to getting it fitted. I've seen quick a few videos on you tube with the decat and yeah I agree. Sounds so good

1 - 20 of 26 Posts