Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Dave - PB Mk2 2009 - 1 Owner ME.
11,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found out yesterday that I have what is called a "cam" growing on my left hip joint (Femur).

see http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00571 for what a Cam is, easiest way for me to explain it is that it is basically a growth of bone on the outside that causes the joint & cartilage to displace during any movement of the joint.

This cam has resulted in a fracture of my Pelvis and the wearing way of he cartilage in the joint and it has apparently been there for some time.

I am going for some physio next Wednesday so they can see what I am able to do now, ahead of any op and if anything can be done to reduce the pain i am in.

But it looks like I will have to have the "cam" surgically removed via key hole surgery, the consultant did quip that he hopes his tools are long enough to get through my fat.

It then means 6 weeks on crutches keeping any weight (in my case excess weight) off of the joint so things can heal.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Crickey Dave that does sound painful. Just come back from the chiropractors having had treatment for my sacroiliac joint received when I was getting the car ready for the Cornwall RSOC back in June. Nothing more miserable than joint pain, hope its sorted soon.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.