Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure what the problem is so sorry if this posts in the wrong section...

I know I need a new oil diaphragm as it's got a tiny leak ( gets replaced tomorrow)

I just fitted a decat 2 days ago.... And 1 and 2nd gear is fine, but if I put my foot down in 3rd gear at all the car coughs and splutters and pops , feels like the car is getting held back also? I can't quite tell if the noise is coming from under me or in front of me?

What do you think this is? It's a standard car so could it be the decat or is it just simply the oil diagram needs replacing?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Check the bolts on the turbo to downpipe, sounds like they may have come loose, fallen out. If they have, you'll need to replace the o ring gasket between the two.

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Why don't you begin by changing the oil diaphragm and see if that cures it.

If it doesn't put the cat back on and see if that works.

Check the boost solenoid is working and clean the mass airflow sensor.

I assume you've plugged a code reader to the car?

Last option is get them to fit coil packs with the understanding that if the problem isn't cured you get your money back apart from labour costs as you don't need them.

·
Registered
15,690 Posts
Would you be able to clarify

What's been done as the last post isn't clear

It's sluggish but its overboost ing
It's had a new ecu when and why was it required ??

Ok Id bet money the issue is just the diaphragm

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry ...

About a month ago , car wouldn't start... Turned out to be problem with ECU , got that fitted went away and realised the diaphragm was leaking,when I put it into ford they also told me that code was showing for over boosting....

Sorry I'll go back a stage ... After the ecu was fitted I went to see sitech as I felt the car wasn't driving right , boost was harsh and just not nice to drive , he told me it was oil diaphragm ...

Got it booked back into ford they firstly told me it wasn't leaking , washed it , a week later back in.. Brings us up to date .. Diaphragm is getting changed now ... Yesterday whilst i was driving it as I just decated it I wanted to give it a little tickle ( since I've been so gentle for about a month now ) and it was apluttering and the car was getting held back , sitech think its coil packs, managed to get it plugged into diagnosticsamd all it showed was over boosting

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.