Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
William-RS Mk3
634 Posts
I will always remember when I was 7 and 8 travelling with my Father who was the Queen's representative to lay the wreath at the Kanchanaburi War Cemetery in rememberance of those that died building the railway and the Bridge on The River Kwai. We used our 1956 Oldsmobile with the flags on and he was dressed in his official white uniform of the Diplomatic Service.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Can we still have a Poppy on the site like we used to on the old layout as a mark of respect...? :confused: :unsure: 🥺
If that can't be done there's something wrong. Maybe we can all make a gesture instead?
View attachment 853474
Lest we forget
Myself and the wife were in our local town recently, British Legion had a small stall set up asking if you would like to sign up for their POPPY LOTTERY , entry by direct debit ,draw every Friday, weekly prizes from £2,000 down to £5
we have signed up for £8.68 a month. A neat way for the legion to have a year round income , bought our poppies today from an old soldier who has been selling from inside local Waitrose . He even has a card reader so the stingy
******* who say sorry no cash, are stumped.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Interesting anecdotes, but the original issue was the inability for the site to recognise the British Legion and Poppy day.

Perhaps some more images in posts might prompt a rethink for the future?

Lets get on it guys!!!

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Can't risk upsetting certain communities etc. 🤬
That's a load of nonsense and no mistake. Anyone who thinks that's a problem is seriously misguided - IMHO!!

Now can we get on with the real issue - post lots of poppies and someone will get the message.
This site caters almost exclusively for UK (sorry that's "GB" to us motorists!!) owners who have no issue with a poppy on or around the 11th November each year.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts