Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
I've just annoyingly found out today that my deposit paid on the 25th September well ahead of the 8th October cut off date has not secured me a first batch order. My dealer informs me that they didn't forward my details to Ford until the 28th Sept.

Is there anyone who paid their deposit after me managed to get in on the first batch?.

·
Premium Member
5,685 Posts
Even on the 28th it would have still made the 8th cut off - for it to not make the cut off they didn't send it until after the 8th I reckon

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds like the old 'pot luck' ordering system like with the mk2. :nope:
I can't get my head round the cut off date thing if the order books were full beforehand they should have let people know. Maybe just a Ford tactic to secure as many early orders as possible, seriously thinking about cancelling now.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Do dealers now know who is in the first and second batches?
Yes they do, 1st batch cars have already been dressed. Second batch will be dressed between 15th and 20th (ie spec finalised)

Mine is also in Batch2 and was confirmed with Ford some time ago.

Both 'batches' are in the customer waitlist with Ford. ie a confirmed pre-8th Oct order.

What's not at all clear is if being in batch2 means you don't get your car until all of batch 1 is delivered or if its irrelevant.

Worst case batch1 closed off when they got the max orders they can fulfil in Mar-May. Best case is the build order is in no way dependent on which 'batch' your spec was confirmed in. It could just as easily be split by buyers surname for all we know.

Unless someone with insider info knows more...?

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
I put my deposit down on the 17th bry and i asked the dealer to submit my application that very day i stressed to him how important the time scale was, i got my first email on the 5th of october but haven't had the second. So in all honesty i haven't got a clue whether im in the first batch or not :nope:

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
I can't get my head round the cut off date thing if the order books were full beforehand they should have let people know. Maybe just a Ford tactic to secure as many early orders as possible, seriously thinking about cancelling now.
On the morning of the 17th bry when i decided to cancel the ST-3 i had on order to order the rs i spoke to rob at stoneacre york to enquire about ordering through them myself but he told me that their first allocation was only 6 cars and if i ordered through him i would be number 15 on the list so depending on what their second allocation of cars would be i might not be even in the second batch and he said it would be the crystal ball scenario for when i would get one so i ordered through trust ford barnsley as i was told i was one of the first to order an rs through them but you never know it'll just be here when its here by the looks of it :blink:

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
I placed my order on the 24th September and I've not received any emails apart from the dealer to conform my deposit had can through.

·
Premium Member
23,424 Posts
When i ordered my mk2 in May 2009 (so by no means a pre-order like happening now), i was told Sept-Oct, it arrived in July! This was a few weeks before another customers car turned up, who had ordered in Dec '08!!

So i'd take anything from dealers or Team RS with a pinch of salt! :wink:

Only when you get a build date, will you know, give or take a week or so, when you will get your car, this could mean some batch 2 cars arriving before some batch 1 cars. How & what order they build them is a mystery, could be by popularity of colour / options, parts availabilty for particular model specs etc, etc.

·
Registered
117 Posts
When i ordered my mk2 in May 2009 (so by no means a pre-order like happening now), i was told Sept-Oct, it arrived in July! This was a few weeks before another customers car turned up, who had ordered in Dec '08!!

Only when you get a build date, will you know, give or take a week or so, when you will get your car, this could mean some batch 2 cars arriving before some batch 1 cars. How & what order they build them is a mystery, could be by popularity of colour / options, parts availabilty for particular model specs etc, etc.
My own experience of buying a MK2 was deposit paid 5th Jan 08, delivery 1st Sept 09. I was the third person at that group, not individual dealer, to place a deposit but I wasn't even the third at that dealer to get my car. Guess who?

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
On the morning of the 17th bry when i decided to cancel the ST-3 i had on order to order the rs i spoke to rob at stoneacre york to enquire about ordering through them myself but he told me that their first allocation was only 6 cars and if i ordered through him i would be number 15 on the list so depending on what their second allocation of cars would be i might not be even in the second batch and he said it would be the crystal ball scenario for when i would get one so i ordered through trust ford barnsley as i was told i was one of the first to order an rs through them but you never know it'll just be here when its here by the looks of it :blink:
They didn't tell me any of that just Jas, just said they had a few orders. I wondered why you had gone to Barnsley.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts

I agree that the order cars are delivered may appear random compared to what batch you are in, what colour it is etc.

Im told that all of batch one cars were dressed by 8th Oct. So if you've not had your spec confirmed to Ford (which I believe is what the 2nd email asks for) then you are in batch 2....or the dealer f***** up and your order isn't even placed.

Ive just used the email [email protected] that someone posted earlier to ask them if they will clarify the difference between batch1 and batch 2 with particular regard to delivery priority.

Auto reply says they will endeavour to reply within 3 days. Will phone them after that...and I will post back any findings here (most likely 'sorry, we havnt a clue' - but can but ask)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I agree that the order cars are delivered may appear random compared to what batch you are in, what colour it is etc.

Im told that all of batch one cars were dressed by 8th Oct. So if you've not had your spec confirmed to Ford (which I believe is what the 2nd email asks for) then you are in batch 2....or the dealer f***** up and your order isn't even placed.

Ive just used the email [email protected] that someone posted earlier to ask them if they will clarify the difference between batch1 and batch 2 with particular regard to delivery priority.
Auto reply says they will endeavour to reply within 3 days. Will phone them after that...and I will post back any findings here (most likely 'sorry, we havnt a clue' - but can but ask)
Just done the same, I'll let you know if I hear anything.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts