Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Well

After five and a bit years and watching where I park and what I park next to ive finally joined the ranks of those of you who have :censored: the wheels up on your cars.

I wouldn't mind but I wasn't watching what I was doing and backed out of a space with right hand lock on. Luck would have it the kerb was not high enough to take the bumper off but just :censored: high enough to gouge a right :censored: line off the rim off two thirds of the wheel.

Basically its :censored:.................... :facepalm:

Im not even bothering to refurb because I don't do that and no matter how well they are done they aint as good as factory fresh so its a brand new one on next week.

I now know the guttural feeling when you :censored: up a wheel.

Hey Ho......................onward and upward.

Hope all my mates are well by the way.................... :thumbsup:

Love to all.

mick :nice:

·
Premium Member
10,229 Posts
Not good Mick :facepalm:

I remember doing my first, it was a very bad day :lol:

At least now Mick if it happens again the pain will be less.

Although I went for a refurb rather than a new wheel.

·
Premium Member
23,439 Posts
Done better than me Mick, kerbed my 1st one at a couple of weeks old! :laughing:

Followed over the next 6 months by the other 3, over 6 years later, they are still on the car. :wink:

The point to leaving them on? I dont have the extra worry if i do it again! :laughing:

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
I've not kerbed a wheel in over 5 years......... Until a few months ago when I hit one in the one series doing 50 :eek:

Was trying to see where the traffic stopped queuing on the sat nav and wasn't paying attention. Very lucky I was drifting left not right!

It's really annoying when you do it and agree that a new wheel is normally the only cure to address the OCD about it :)

·
Premium Member
13,256 Posts
It happens to everyone still a horrible feeling. Our cars are wide even worse with Ultra's on, I would get it mended otherwise it will bug you every time you drive the car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.