Focus RS Forum banner
501 - 520 of 526 Posts

·
Registered
10,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #501 ·
Thanks buddy. Slowly getting there gathering parts. Enjoying it rather than letting it go and regretting it. Yeah life's for enjoying! (y) :)

·
Registered
10,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #502 · (Edited)
Hey all! :) Thought I better update my spec:

2018 Mk3 Focus RS Red Edition with door protectors & Magnetite alloy wheels
x1 Spare 5th Magnetite alloy wheel with a Michelin PSS tyre to match
Mountune Lowering Springs
Mountune Short Shift Arm
Mountune Roll Restrictor
Mountune/Samco Red Edition Engine Induction Hoses
FPM375 Fitted March 2019
Mountune low-loss crossover pipe with silver Mountune lettering
Mountune V2 High Flow Air Filter
Mountune Recirc-valve
Mountune/Samco sound suppression chamber
RallyArmor black Mud Flaps with grey logos
Mountune V1 Hard Pipe
Mountune/Goodridge Braided Brake Lines
Ford Performance Number Plate Surrounds
M380 Flashed December 2021 with mTune handset - nice pops and bangs now!! :p
EBC Floating Brake Discs with fast road yellow pads - amazing difference!! :love:
Mountune oil breather plate
Mountune PTU Brace
Mountune cast inlet
Mountune Secondary induction pipe
Professionally painted brake calipers in Red with black Brembo logos

To do:

Pro Alloy intercooler - sat in the car ready to be fitted! :ROFLMAO:
Mountune Downpipe/Sports CAT - sat in the car ready to be fitted too! :LOL:

Plans for the future:

Switch to Eibach Springs because my Mountune yellow ones have rusted... :cautious:

(y) :D (y)

·
Registered
10,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #506 ·
doesnt the standard engine cover fit then? or are you after one that allows the inlet to be seen? nice spec, whats the mileage on it?
It does fit but sadly covers the lovely looking inlet! :LOL: So yeah might get one that shows it off but not the end of the world as I don't go to shows that much anymore! 😅
Thank you I am slowly finishing off a tidy, strong spec... :) I am currently at 8,600 now! :cool: :love:

·
Registered
10,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #508 · (Edited)
good to see youve put some miles on it :) cant say ive ever seen any other types of enginecover that are a diff shape
...some really nice custom ones I've seen out there. I'm going to have to get one! :love:
Something like this to show off the Mountune inlet:
Vehicle Automotive lighting Bicycle Automotive design Motor vehicle
:cool:

LOL I've gone and caved and used the Mountune "EASTER" 15% off discount code and bought a sports/CAT downpipe!! :ROFLMAO: 🙈

:) (y)

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
hmmm, cant say im keen on that one,it just looks like a piece of bent steel thats been powdercoated :( :unsure: more mountune goodies,good man,let me know when your ready to sell the car :LOL:

·
Registered
10,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #510 ·
hmmm, cant say im keen on that one,it just looks like a piece of bent steel thats been powdercoated :( :unsure: more mountune goodies,good man,let me know when your ready to sell the car :LOL:
...yeah there are loads of styles. That's just one for an example! :)
LOL you can't sell yours and then buy one modded to enjoy, you might as well start driving yours more! LOL! :ROFLMAO: :p :p

·
Registered
10,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #513 ·
Thanks mate. I agree! I tried to stay as close to standard as possible and had them originally refurbed in grey but it didn't last so I thought sod it lets go red!! :love: ...life's too short! :cool:

·
Registered
Mk2 RS 400
2,258 Posts
...some really nice custom ones I've seen out there. I'm going to have to get one! :love:
Something like this to show off the Mountune inlet:
View attachment 854831 :cool:

LOL I've gone and caved and used the Mountune "EASTER" 15% off discount code and bought a sports/CAT downpipe!! :ROFLMAO: 🙈

:) (y)
Fitted a cover like that to my son's mk3.5 ST as it has a similar Dreamscience intake pipe and Mountune manifold fitted like you do. It fits well and is much better than having a bare engine.

The company who make them took ages to get it to him though.

Automotive fuel system Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
It's quite easy to clean the old one and re-oil it, there's a service kit on Amazon for around £10 which is easy to use.

It won't get it looking quite as red as the one you just bought, but it will be perfectly useable. I did mine a few months ago, much cheaper than buying a new one!

·
Registered
10,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #520 ·
Finally booked in to go see Fred at FJRS! 🥳

They are fitting my:
  • Black Pro Alloy intercooler
  • Mountune Downpipe/Sports CAT
  • Switch to Eibach Springs because my Mountune yellow springs are too corroded to keep running... (they will be for sale to someone to refurb the coating)

Possible plans for future:
  • Mountune V3 Exhaust (but never in stock when I feel like taking the plunge! :confused: )
  • m400r (Already purchased and uploaded to my mTune handset but awaiting the V3 :cautious: )
  • Possible Engine Forge for reliability but that's £££ o_O

CheeRS

Andrew :) (y)

501 - 520 of 526 Posts