Focus RS Forum banner

JW Racing 'Group A' Induction

317 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  RSGone 
#1 ·
Hey guys

Looking at purchasing the JW Racing 'Group A' filter as I'm after some nice induction noise! Just a few things i'm looking for some clafication on...

Generally is the kit hard to fit? Is the cold air feed needed? If it is, how hard is it to fit and is there a guide to help do it?

And finally what are the opinions of people who have the kit?

Cheers

#2 ·
Just a case of pull the old box out and slide the Group A in to position. Takes a minute to adjust the filter so it doesn't rub anything.

Cold air feed isn't mandatory but every little helps.

I have one and have no complaints with it, sounds awesome and the car responded well to it plus you get a lovely chatter when you lift off.

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
Is the feed actually necessary?

I'm thinking that I might go with mountune / x-stream setup if it is because I don't really have the expertise to be fiddling with that sort of thing.

Just a shame that I won't have that open cone sound. Anybody ran MT/X-Stream open lidded with a hydro sock? Or is that sort of defeating the purpose of the lid.

#8 ·
I see three inconvenients with open filters:
- too much noise - personally I hate chatter
!
- high chances water ingression;
- heat soak from engine bay (may not be a problem in the UK but here, in the summer, it's a no no with 35-40 deg C amb temps);

That's why I kept my Mountune lid with the Pipercross inside. I also removed the plastic snow shield to help more air getting in, and honestly, don't feel any restriction in power even with jwr120i.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.