Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Focus RS MK2
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning folks,
My FRS MK2 had a health check yesterday while having some mods done, And my mechanic has pointed out a couple of things that require sorting soon (ish)
I have no idea what I'm meant to be buying, So would like some direct help, Links to items on websites if possible etc.
Here's what he pointed out..

Both rear anti roll bar link boots cracking
Both rear brake hose flexi pipes corroded under rubber hose

As i said, I know sod all about what goes on under the car, I just love to drive, So all help on find the right items would be fab.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
Alb (Mk2 MP350)
3,056 Posts
The wording is a little odd but he was probably talking about RARB Drop Links and Flexible Brake Hoses.
Both have a finite life so will need replacement eventually.
Best to replace all the Brake Hoses if they are the same age.
I'd go with OEM but others may advise upgraded items.

·
Premium Member
13,271 Posts
Try Andy at A&K for the parts. Really quick delivery OEM and good price then get your garage to fit them.
I had my drop links changed sometime ago now . Good time to upgrade your flexible brake pipes while you are at it gives a better feel to the brakes.
Like these.

·
Registered
Focus RS MK2
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try Andy at A&K for the parts. Really quick delivery OEM and good price then get your garage to fit them.
I had my drop links changed sometime ago now . Good time to upgrade your flexible brake pipes wile you are at it.
Thanks mate, I'll look for their website, and get in touch.

·
Registered
Focus RS MK2
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks mate, I'll look for their website, and get in touch.
I had my drop links changed sometime ago now . Good time to upgrade your flexible brake pipes wile you are at it.
What's the website or contact details mate, Sorry to be a pain.

·
Premium Member
13,271 Posts
While you are swapping the brake hoses worth changing the brake fluid at the same time. I use this. Motul 5.1 which a good upgrade for our cars.

Some good pointers in this post.

·
Registered
Focus RS MK2
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
While you are swapping the brake hoses worth changing the brake fluid at the same time. I use this. Motul 5.1 which a good upgrade for our cars.

Some good pointers in this post.
Thanks, I'll get that sorted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts