Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hopefully joining the FRS mk2 ownership soon..... if I can find one!

I'm after a PB with Lux 2 & the seat upgrade. with circa 40k or less on.

only thing is my budget is 20k! :facepalm:

Think I am going to struggle?

problem I have is, ideally I need an original example. no mods, no loud exhaust. as this will be my car I use for business, so cannot really be arriving on customer sites with a KMS thunderstorm popping and banging in the carpark when I arrive.. (think work may stop my car allowance if this was the case!)

I have found 3 so far on autotrader matching my requirements. if a little above my price range - but I'm a tight Yorkshire man who is great at haggling! :nice:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201509217094778/usedcars?logcode=visc

Sunnyhill Motors - Turriff, Aberdeenshire

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201509076691488/usedcars?logcode=visc

The Muir Garage - South Aberdeenshire

problem is, these garages are 350+ Miles away from me, and I have found too many times, that no matter how many questions I ask dealers over the phone regarding the condition, they always seem to lie :f:

any one know these garages or had any dealings with them?

the other car I have found is

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201509106781290/usedcars?logcode=visc

The Motorhouse - Trade Car Sales Birmingham - not sure if I trust this garage after a brief google though :nope:

any advice, assistance or feedback which may help me in becoming an FRS mk2 owner would be greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

·
Registered
510 Posts
You could quite easily pick up a 30-40k mileage car for your budget. A lot of cars are sold on with mods but at the same time a lot are also put back to standard so the owners can try and make money back on the mods. Standard parts aren't too bad at picking up on this forum or online and go for fairly cheap if needed. RS direct in Bristol seem to be the place to go for a well cared for example, but at the same time they can be pricey due to only really looking for low millage cars. A lot of members on the forum have contacted each other about old cars that have been owned by either.

Someone may be able to tell you who the old owners are on the cars you have above but I can't help I'm afraid. Hope this helps

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Tom

I suppose the only mod I don't want is a loud exhuast. Just so I can sneaky the lairy looking FRS into customer car park unnoticed ;)

Yeah I had been checking RSD but unfortunately all priced a bit too high for me.

Yes the site and members are already proving to be very helpful.

I will just keep my eyes open for a Google example at the price

I'll make a start with the 2 Scotland ones

Thanks for the advice

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I don't know the car mate but I have had dealings with sunny hill motors in my evo days , bought a new 6 off them etc and tbh they were great to deal with , car looks good they have .
anyway best of luck mate and you can't beat a mk2 in PB :)

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
I think the only way to really get a feel for a car is to view it Dave (and test drive it of course) and get as much info you can on it with regards to service history (all annual services completed at correct intervals) and also try and establish if it's been modded (easier said than done!)

No mods on the RS are essential imo, and a completely standard car is perfectly fine, but little things like mud flaps and a clean locking nuts can (sometimes) help build up a picture that a car has been looked after....

Good luck! :nice:

·
Registered
510 Posts
I think the only way to really get a feel for a car is to view it Dave (and test drive it of course) and get as much info you can on it with regards to service history (all annual services completed at correct intervals) and also try and establish if it's been modded (easier said than done!)

No mods on the RS are essential imo, and a completely standard car is perfectly fine, but little things like mud flaps and a clean locking nuts can (sometimes) help build up a picture that a car has been looked after....

Should always have clean nuts :D

·
Premium Member
3,205 Posts
and, if you are keen about a particular car, put a request in the regional forum - maybe someone will pop over and have a nosey for you?

·
Registered
241 Posts
It took me about 2 months to find the rs for me and I had to drive about 150 miles for that but worth it.
I know how you feel though with the distance cause I went to see one and turned out to be a heep of **** so wasn't best please after a 2.5 hour drive there.
Keep the faith

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The only mod you want on the car is a new inlet plenum if it comes with a standard one.
yeah I have been doing my reading up on the forum on this, this will be one of the first mods I would make. need to ensure reliability

I don't know the car mate but I have had dealings with sunny hill motors in my evo days , bought a new 6 off them etc and tbh they were great to deal with , car looks good they have .
anyway best of luck mate and you can't beat a mk2 in PB :)
good to hear, thanks pal

cheers pete. yes once I have made the call and obtained as much as I can over the phone, I think I may organise a road trip...... 732 mile round trip :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

and, if you are keen about a particular car, put a request in the regional forum - maybe someone will pop over and have a nosey for you?
good idea, I can ask. shame the previous owners not on the forum (though I have found out, as per my other thread that one of the 3 above cars is known on the site :nice: )

It took me about 2 months to find the rs for me and I had to drive about 150 miles for that but worth it.
I know how you feel though with the distance cause I went to see one and turned out to be a heep of :censored: so wasn't best please after a 2.5 hour drive there.
Keep the faith
yeah its a nightmare, had this a few times. and lost all faith in traders/dealers telling the truth over the phone. its not their time that's wasted, the just see the chance of getting someone over to view the car. i am going to stress to the dealer about the distance I will have to travel

·
Registered
659 Posts
  • <a>@Kaywood</a> are you in Yorkshire? I am, and I got mine from W Ferguson near Carlisle. They always have a few in stock and well presented, well looked after cars. Try this site: www<a>.wfergusoncarsales.co.uk/</a>

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes mate I am. Ah I've been seeing a lot of there advertised motors on ebay. All been out of my price range so far tho :(

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ideally wanted unmodified example with lux pack 2 & USB/BT Davie. but not ruling Bentleys out, in discussions with him at the mo. hopefully going to go see him on my FRS Scotland road trip

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
  • @Kaywood are you in Yorkshire? I am, and I got mine from W Ferguson near Carlisle. They always have a few in stock and well presented, well looked after cars. Try this site: www.wfergusoncarsales.co.uk/
I agree, I sold my last one to them ,the owner Wayne was absolutely first class and still keeps in touch, not your usual car dealer!!! Phone them up ask what he's got coming in mate especially if local you won't go wrong ,maybe need to up your budget slightly but it'll be worth it ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.