Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A young girl, about 17, just been into the shop from the hairdressers a few doors down.

Very polite & pleasant, asks me,

'I've been told to get bubbles for a spirit level'! :rofl:

Obviously i gave her a 'long weight' & said,

'No, i haven't but tell them i have sparks for a grinder that will do the same job',

To my amazement, she replies,

'OK, thanks for that, i'll tell them'! :facepalm: :laughing:

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
:laughing:

I remember doing work experience from school at Jaguar and they sent me out for something ridiculous cant quite remember what it was exactly i just remember feeling a pleb :laughing:

But i did feel great walking home in the green jaguar overalls for a week :nice:

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Ha ha ha ha we used to do that with our new apprentices and send them to get a bucket of steam ! Some sky hooks! Even a flux capacitor ha ha that so funny

·
Premium Member
23,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:laughing:

I remember doing work experience from school at Jaguar and they sent me out for something ridiculous cant quite remember what it was exactly i just remember feeling a pleb :laughing:

But i did feel great walking home in the green jaguar overalls for a week :nice:
When i was 16 on my 1st day at the tyre centre, i got sent to the local parts place for a rad cap for a 1972 Beetle! :blush: :facepalm: :laughing:

·
Super Moderator
BMW 1M
10,785 Posts
Our ex boss at the apprentice training centre liked a cigar in the day.

He sent one of the new arrivals to the shop for a cheese and onion Hamlet...

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
when i worked in an electronics factory i once sent a new start to our stores for a fallopian tube for a wash, he came back empty handed and said the store guy needed to get one from the receptionist. i told chickened out and confessed to him, i couldn't have him asking a female that :cry:

·
Premium Member
23,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
when i worked in an electronics factory i once sent a new start to our stores for a fallopian tube for a wash, he came back empty handed and said the store guy needed to get one from the receptionist. i told chickened out and confessed to him, i couldn't have him asking a female that :cry:
That's funny, at school, during sex education, we were told sternly, any laughing or stupid remarks & we would get sent out of the lesson.

Teacher asked 'anyone know what the fallopian tube was', i couldn't resist & shouted,

'is it a London Underground station?' to howls of laughter from the class. :laughing:

I spent the lesson standing outside the classroom followed by detention! :facepalm: :laughing:

·
Longest Serving Club Member
3,360 Posts
A broom through my overalls (while I was still in them !!!). Stuffed in the boot of a car during its service. Asked to find various tools that didn't exist. Blobs of grease in the work boots. The air lines were a particular favourite. The list goes on. That was my initiation during my Ford apprenticeship back in the day. :lol:

Everyone got there fair share of practical jokes done to them, not just the newbies.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
16 year old apprentice bricklayer at work was told to go to the site office to see the site manager and ask for a long weight, as he went to the site office he could see that there was a meeting going on with about 10 suits,
He sheepishly went in and the the site manager said to him alright Richard what can I do for you, at that Richard asked him for a Long weight he said to him go and sit down I'll be with you shortly.
He kept him waiting for 3 hours.when the meeting had finished site manager said ok Rich you've had a long enough wait off you go
The laughter afterwards was brilliant :laughing:

·
Registered
977 Posts
Skirting board ladder was another. I remember my first week on a building site in the late 80's I was made to stand in the tin toilet house for 2 minutes while the other chippies fired hilti nails from the scaffold at it! Couldn't hear a thing for the rest of the day. Happy days!!

·
SUPPLYING PARTS FOR RS AND ST FORDS SINCE 2013.
ANDY & KIRSTY CLUB SPONSORS
2,780 Posts
:thumbsup: Working in the photographic trade back in the day the favourites for work experience were sending them to get a set of Newtons Rings, a bottle of comping powder or into an empty darkroom with a hundred 10" X 8" film boxes to "let the light out of them". Most memorable was a young lad who had applied for a job working in a darkroom, had an interview and been accepted, who when sent into the darkroom, left and never returned because he was "scared of the dark" ffs!

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
A popular one at sea is to get the trainees to go round and 'charge up' all of the glow in the dark safety signs that are all over the place; there are LOADS of these things and you just have to chuckle when you see one of the Cadets, torch in hand, underneath a coat trying to minimise the ambient light whilst they try and charge them up! Haha! ;)

·
Brake Testing Legend
4,175 Posts
Kid at school was sent to a geography teacher to fetch the equator, he came back with a broomstick saying the equator was already loaned out to the science department & would the north pole do :yep:

Me & a mate sent his sister to the local car spares place for a tin of compression, his dad wasn't happy when she phoned from the shop asking what it was we wanted :facepalm:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.