Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm of to Arran on Saturday with my partner, her 8yr old Grand daughter and the RS. Looking for good places to visit and somewhere nice to eat. Most of all I'm looking for a decent spot to get some nice scenic pics of the car. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
absolutley beautiful island and you'll have loads of places to get photo's of the :rs: especially down the south of the island on a clear day you could just maybe get ailsa craig in the background places to see a must is the distillery and if you like a wee malt then the arran 14 year old is what i would call one of the best also try a bottle of arran ale the blonde quite good the worlds shortest golf course ( only 3 holes) you need to see that and if you want something special to eat then the auchrannie hotel the food in this place is outstanding and prob the BEST fillet steak i've ever eaten and no kidding on that one ..........only down side the roads are appalling pot holes everywhere so WATCH out

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
absolutley beautiful island and you'll have loads of places to get photo's of the :rs: especially down the south of the island on a clear day you could just maybe get ailsa craig in the background places to see a must is the distillery and if you like a wee malt then the arran 14 year old is what i would call one of the best also try a bottle of arran ale the blonde quite good the worlds shortest golf course ( only 3 holes) you need to see that and if you want something special to eat then the auchrannie hotel the food in this place is outstanding and prob the BEST fillet steak i've ever eaten and no kidding on that one ..........only down side the roads are appalling pot holes everywhere so WATCH out
Thanks for the info, I'll be paying the Hotel a visit. I'm really looking forward to Saturday and the weather is to be decent as well.

Yep all of the above.
It's a lovely island, haven't been for a few years
I've never been at all, so should be a good day.

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I never made it over on Saturday as my Mother fell down her house stairs on Friday night and I ended up down at her bit. Thank God all she had was 2 stiches in her head and some aches and pains.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts