Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Effin be screwed here. It's not even up on the configuator here yet. I contacted Ford yesterday and they say that the starting price for the new RS Focus is wait for it,

€51,600 :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

A bunch of muppet's

·
Registered
35 Posts
A starting price of €51,600... ffs. With the options I would want on mine it could easily be another 5k on top of that! Not to mention that it will depreciate more in Ireland.

Having the Golf R priced so much less I don't think I could ever consider one of these.

Out of curiosity I looked up the new Civic type R. It starts at €48,750 with the GT pack being an extra €2200.

·
Registered
557 Posts
It will be over 60k fully specced up, they don't want these types of car on Irish roads as there convinced Speed Kills.

Petty they can't learn to educate drivers and road designers that solid white lines mean no overtaking and then not to have them for 10 miles straight.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Serious? I think it's only 39k euros in Germany lol? I don't know how it would work if you imported one from UK?
How it would work is we would buy it in sterling minus your 20% vat then with the exhange rate atm would be up in the mid thirties. So then on the mid thirtes they add vat @ 23% then at the mid thirties price again they add 30% (illegal VRT). Thing is I don't understand is the Golf R in Germany €39000 RS focus there is €39000 yet Golf R start's here at €43950 and the RS start's @ €51600. Given the fact there is 3% VRT difference it still dont add up. Am sickened GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It will be over 60k fully specced up, they don't want these types of car on Irish roads as there convinced Speed Kills.

Petty they can't learn to educate drivers and road designers that solid white lines mean no overtaking and then not to have them for 10 miles straight.
Rip Off Ireland.

·
Registered
557 Posts
How it would work is we would buy it in sterling minus your 20% vat then with the exhange rate atm would be up in the mid thirties. So then on the mid thirtes they add vat @ 23% then at the mid thirties price again they add 30% (illegal VRT). Thing is I don't understand is the Golf R in Germany €39000 RS focus there is €39000 yet Golf R start's here at €43950 and the RS start's @ €51600. Given the fact there is 3% VRT difference it still dont add up. Am sickened GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rip Off Ireland.
VRT only applies to Poland, Portugal and Ireland, all three got an exemption and its basic principal is against the eu mandate of free trade and they add tax onto a tax and it stops you buying across borders like you can do in the rest of europe.

When I brought my last car home to Ireland I wanted to put it in my wifes name, not allowed as she has not driven it outside the state for 6 months. I said she is entitled to half of everything I own, the tax response was yes but not when VRT is involved.

Its a joke.

·
Registered
15 Posts
have had a few rs's and i bough the mk1 focus rs here and it was almost 45k, unreal price back 12 years ago...... i'm remember talking with a Ford rep and he informed me the simply pull a figure out of the air and the know there's a few hardcore RS heads thats willing to pay this price.... i was one of those fools at the time.... sickening really........ of course bringing in from else where will cost you more with vat, vrt and conversion rates.

ed

·
Registered
557 Posts
have had a few rs's and i bough the mk1 focus rs here and it was almost 45k, unreal price back 12 years ago...... i'm remember talking with a Ford rep and he informed me the simply pull a figure out of the air and the know there's a few hardcore RS heads thats willing to pay this price.... i was one of those fools at the time.... sickening really........ of course bringing in from else where will cost you more with vat, vrt and conversion rates.

ed
They were dearer than an M3 BMW back then, I had mine in Letterkenny and the dealer was gobsmacked until he realised it was on English plates

·
Registered
217 Posts
My (Cornish) wife wants me to move back to Ireland. Apart from the fact I can't get a decent job, this makes me sick.

My Mam's 1.4 Fiesta 2001 costs €360 to tax, or €396 if you do it in installments.

·
Registered
557 Posts
My (Cornish) wife wants me to move back to Ireland. Apart from the fact I can't get a decent job, this makes me sick.

My Mam's 1.4 Fiesta 2001 costs €360 to tax, or €396 if you do it in installments.
My Cmax costs me 750euro and my Freelander costs that aswell, insurance is cheap though, for me anyway

·
Registered
15 Posts
They were dearer than an M3 BMW back then, I had mine in Letterkenny and the dealer was gobsmacked until he realised it was on English plates
yea pretty sickening..... if your into your cars Ireland is not the place to be..... they want everyone driving brown diesels and driving like fu*in turtles.... right ill take me meds:)

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Road tax on RS focus 2.5 €1200 annually it is sickening. However am just back from a funeral of a friend of mine who dropped dead on Tuesday at only 46 year's of age and it bring's it into perspective life can be too short. Too short to not enjoy life within your financial constraint's (not too much debt) so am just gonna buy the car. As I will never sell it what the hell.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Was up with them on Wednesday about the new RS they had no info but 3 people have a deposit on them. Phoned Ford head office today to see what the score is they confirmed the price and that was all the info they had??????????? no spec info ie. seat's etc. Not even up on the configuator system yet. It is mighty frustrating and am a pretty patient man.

·
Registered
462 Posts
the MkII Focus was 45k new, the RS500 was 54k.......the Golf R used to be 54k aswell but VW (sensibly) dropped the price substantially.....add a few options on the MKIII and you'll be up near 60k, too much for a Focus IMO, that could be Golf R400 money. Pretty pleased I went for the CLA45 myself now.

Should be interesting to see how much they're charging for Nitrous Blue - Ultimate Green was near enough 2,000 euro on the MKII if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the MkII Focus was 45k new, the RS500 was 54k.......the Golf R used to be 54k aswell but VW (sensibly) dropped the price substantially.....add a few options on the MKIII and you'll be up near 60k, too much for a Focus IMO, that could be Golf R400 money. Pretty pleased I went for the CLA45 myself now.

Should be interesting to see how much they're charging for Nitrous Blue - Ultimate Green was near enough 2,000 euro on the MKII if I remember correctly.
Was it V dub that dropped the price? It's mad the pricing here.

·
Registered
462 Posts
the RS is now up on the configurator on the Ford Ireland website.

€59375 fully loaded!!! Too much IMO

€1200 for Nitrous Blue paint, €2000 for the leather recaros! and best the one - €1000 for SYNC 2

Oddly enough though, the standard alloys painted black are an option in Ireland, as are the Cup tyres!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts