Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now this is the first time ive seen this and sorry if it is a repeated video but just noticed the seat in the RS are the same as the new ST i know these might not be the seat going to be used but possibly the CS???? seats will be an upgrade option.

Anyway check the video @ 4:40

·
Registered
75 Posts
Will defo not be ordering those seats.

Was looking at the new sti when they came out first and it was the seats that killed it.
They look like the ones my dad had in his very old Austin princess.
30k for a car that had an interior my dog designed.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Hopefully this is the seats for the American market or there is an option for proper recaros but it's not long now before we all go into melt down with the options

·
Premium Member
13,250 Posts
I haven't personally seen that video before. Either the presenter has a great memory or a direct link to an ear phone. You would have thought that they would have removed the "Please keep off displays" sign. You know I think that the blue spoiler would have looked better in black especially with a blue car. Looks like the side bolster on the seat has wear on it already.

All in all it doesn't look that bad just not special enough to be an RS according to my other half, but hey let's wait and see how it drives.

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Those seats are awful. To be honest i've seen the Mk3 with the CS Recaro's and i don't think they look right in that car, just my opinion

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
now this is the first time ive seen this and sorry if it is a repeated video but just noticed the seat in the RS are the same as the new ST i know these might not be the seat going to be used but possibly the CS???? seats will be an upgrade option.

Anyway check the video @ 4:40

Those seats would come as standard on Mk3 Rs.
Second gen CS would be an optional extra :nice:

·
Registered
143 Posts
They are just the ST seats with an RS logo. Nothing wrong with them but if an upgrade is available i doubt many wouldnt upgrade.

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
The optional extra for the CS's is a no brainier to me... compared to the mk2 RS seats and the mk3 ST seats, the CS's are far more comfortable and hold you in place, even over long journeys I feel them to be more comfortable :nice:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ive been trolling threw loads of videos over the weekend to see what cars have what interior and it seems all the early videos of the rs have CS seats and alot of the newer videos with the gray RS in america all have these ST/RS recaro seats. I suppose it will all come out the wood work soon o optional extra ect but knowing ford if seats are and upgrade they will stick a stupid price tag on them aswell.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
and alot of the newer videos with the gray RS in america all have these ST/RS recaro seats. I suppose it will all come out the wood work soon o optional extra ect but knowing
simply because there is not going to be CS upgrade for US, only ST seats.
Regarding the price, it's anyone's guess for now, but Mk3 CS would come in leather (side bolstering) , which was 500 pound add on extra over cloth on Mk2.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
simply because there is not going to be CS upgrade for US, only ST seats.
Regarding the price, it's anyone's guess for now, but Mk3 CS would come in leather (side bolstering) , which was 500 pound add on extra over cloth on Mk2.
but do we know this for certian that the US are not getting the new CS seat that is what im getting at its like the earlier videos of the RS were "right we have these spare seats (CS) lets stick them in to start with and as the year has gone on and more and being made the seats have been changing.

We will just have wait and see

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
No it was confirmed a long time back by ford that there are 2 seat options, also at the launch there was a video which showed both.

There are no CS's for the U.S. Due to them not meeting their safety regs.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
but do we know this for certian that the US are not getting the new CS seat that is what im getting at its like the earlier videos of the RS were "right we have these spare seats (CS) lets stick them in to start with and as the year has gone on and more and being made the seats have been changing.

We will just have wait and see
Yes, we know for sure, it was confirmed by our U.S. resident who has close links with Ford there , few months ago :nice:
It's Something to do with safety certification and lack of airbags.

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Just me having a think so this could be a mile out but I think CS's with the partial leather will be around £1500... they are something I most definitely want on it though :yep:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just me having a think so this could be a mile out but I think CS's with the partial leather will be around £1500... they are something I most definitely want on it though :yep:
i was thinking the same if its a full seat up grade really

·
Premium Member
23,424 Posts
I mentioned a price of between £1k-£2k in the other thread. :yep:

·
previously GrahamS
1,138 Posts
Dumb question alert!

If you specify the CS seat then what happens with the rear seats? Is the option just to change the front pair of seats?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dumb question alert!

If you specify the CS seat then what happens with the rear seats? Is the option just to change the front pair of seats?
i was thinking this aswell mate as the rear of the ST seats are totally different to CS seats must be a total seat upgrade.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts