Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone was just wondering, Does anyone know if there are any difference between the standard seats (ie.blue and grey& Green&grey) and the black seats in the mk2 rs?

just wondering as i'm looking for a car with a certain spec but hard to get one i'm looking for exactly would a simple re-trim of the seats work or are there differences between the seats?

thanks

·
Registered
602 Posts
Hey everyone was just wondering, Does anyone know if there are any difference between the standard seats (ie.blue and grey& Green&grey) and the black seats in the mk2 rs?

just wondering as i'm looking for a car with a certain spec but hard to get one i'm looking for exactly would a simple re-trim of the seats work or are there differences between the seats?

thanks
I was in the same position,looking for a lux 2 car with the black seats.everyone i viewed was a dog.ended up buying a non lux car with the blue/grey seats as it was almost immaculate and low mileage.

I later swapped the covers on my seats to the black ones as I found someone that had retrimmed in full leather.

It wasn't that hard to do just took a while.

If im honest it would have been easier to get them redone in full leather,think theres a place in york that charge about £800.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was in the same position,looking for a lux 2 car with the black seats.everyone i viewed was a dog.ended up buying a non lux car with the blue/grey seats as it was almost immaculate and low mileage.

I later swapped the covers on my seats to the black ones as I found someone that had retrimmed in full leather.

It wasn't that hard to do just took a while.

If im honest it would have been easier to get them redone in full leather,think theres a place in york that charge about £800.
yeah seems like it may be the best way to go the cars that have the seats seem to have fairly high mileage or not what im looking for. I stay up in scotland but i know a local trimmer so i'll see what he would quote to have it done. Need to find a car first though! lol.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
i take it the black ones are not made from that great of a materiel then?
Nothing wrong with the materials, its the hard bolster design thats the issue, continually rubbing your backside on it getting in and out, it'll still do it over time, re-trim or not. If its been looked after or covered early on, they should be fine, just a bit of extra care is all it takes.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
You will need to develop the groin-strain inducing 'RS exit' that is needed to get out of our cars, without wearing the bolster.

1. Sit in the car with both hands on the wheel.
  2. Open the door.
  3. Lift your right thigh vertically, until it clears the seat cushion.
  4. Using your hip flexor, rotate your right leg 90 degrees to the right, ensuring you do not drag your foot over the door sill and scuff plate.
  5. On reaching 90 degrees, lower your leg into the 'valley' between the forward (high) part of the bolster and the seat back - your right foot (depending on your height) should now touch the ground.
  6. Maintain this position while shifting your weight onto your right foot - as you lean towards the door opening, you should clear the seat and exit, without sliding over the seat and bolster.

Getting back in is more or less the same. In reverse.

Once you have practiced this manoeuvre, it will become second nature and your seats will be safe.

You will however, need to train all passengers to do the same. I keep a printed set of instructions (rather like those airline safety evacuation cards) in the glove box. Make sure you change the word 'right' to 'left' because as I found out, they will end up clambering over the gearstick and centre console and cause more damage.

Good luck with your search :nice:

·
The Custard Kid
MK3 Focus RS
9,078 Posts
You will need to develop the groin-strain inducing 'RS exit' that is needed to get out of our cars, without wearing the bolster.

2. Open the door.
  4. Using your hip flexor, rotate your right leg 90 degrees to the right, ensuring you do not drag your foot over the door sill and scuff plate.
  5. On reaching 90 degrees, lower your leg into the 'valley' between the forward (high) part of the bolster and the seat back - your right foot (depending on your height) should now touch the ground.
  6. Maintain this position while shifting your weight onto your right foot - as you lean towards the door opening, you should clear the seat and exit, without sliding over the seat and bolster.

Once you have practiced this manoeuvre, it will become second nature and your seats will be safe.

You will however, need to train all passengers to do the same. I keep a printed set of instructions (rather like those airline safety evacuation cards) in the glove box. Make sure you change the word 'right' to 'left' because as I found out, they will end up clambering over the gearstick and centre console and cause more damage.

Or don't use your car :lol:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

2. Open the door.

Yeah i remember the pain of getting out of my brothers....was a bit sore on the privates me being a short ass and all made it a bit harder.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.