Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this largely comes down to personal preference, but I'm looking to upgrade my intercooler sometime soon and I'd like to pose the dangerous question "Which is the best?"

I'm not looking at Spec R due to inordinate price and because I understand there's a bit of a wait involved.

The two options I'm currently looking at are the Pro Alloy Ultimate and the Airtec Stage 3 - which has the edge on core size at 100mm and is also, well, cheaper. I'm therefore leaning slightly in that direction at the moment.

Does anyone have any input which might help make my mind up? Any insight greatly appreciated. :)

·
The Custard Kid
MK3 Focus RS
9,068 Posts
i know your not considering Spec-R but as Joel has mentioned there is a 2nd hand Spec-R intercooler kit. Spec-R is considered the best in the market and on a personal experience it lives up to that claim.

·
Super Moderator
BMW 1M
10,785 Posts
Your current tune and also where you think you'll progress to should influence your decision.

Your preferred tuner should be able to offer advice as the tune should be matched to the hardware, within reason.

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
I have had the airtec stage 1,2 and now a modified stage 3 running over 800hp with no cooling issues at all. The airtec stage 2 for me was fine upto 550+hp, I only changed to the airtec 3 due to pushing much higher power so at the sametime I asked Alan at A&S to modify the cooler so the inlet and outlets where even bigger. So really depends on what final power your after. I say only go for the airtec 3 if your going over 550hp otherwise stick to a stage 2.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts