Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

my Airtec intercooler has AIRTEC sprayed in blue on the front off it. I want it to look stock as possible so plan on painting over the logo in black.

The intercooler is black.

what paint can I use to go over this? obviously don't want this to effect its cooling capabilities or airflow

Thanks

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can get stencils for it, if you can get one, tape it over the logo and just use normal spray paint
i want to spray over the logo so its no longer there.

i don't like it. i want the whole intercooler just plain black

Satins out of stock at the moment but this is the paint for the job http://www.frost.co.uk/eastwood-radiator-black-aerosol.html
nice one thanks Bry. will any car radiator spray paint do then? so i can just try my local motor factors?

Thanks

or rather than respray the I/C. would I be able to remove the AIRTEC painted logo with anything? paint stripper/thinners/white spirit etc?

Thanks

·
Registered
10,732 Posts

nice one thanks Bry. will any car radiator spray paint do then? so i can just try my local motor factors?

Thanks

or rather than respray the I/C. would I be able to remove the AIRTEC painted logo with anything? paint stripper/thinners/white spirit etc?

Thanks
Yeah any rad paint will do but Frost is the best I've used.

Anything you use to remove the logo will effect the paint underneath so you're going to have to paint it anyway.

·
Registered
92 Posts

Oh, I thought you meant spray the logo black haha, my bad

Does the intercooler need prepping in anyway?
Just give it a bit of a clean before hand with soapy water and then dry it off

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh, I thought you meant spray the logo black haha, my bad

Just give it a bit of a clean before hand with soapy water and then dry it off
well in theory that is what I want to do. As the I/C is already black. I just need to spray over the airtec logo to make that black n blend in.... so ur sort of right ha.

sound. Cheers will just give it a clean n paint straight over
I just used satin black rattle cans from Halfords. Worked perfectly. Just keep building it up with light coats
sound, thanks mate

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.