Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know when the RS will be on insurance systems so we can get quotes.

It'd be nice to know how much they will be taking off me.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I rang my insurance broker(fleet policy) yesterday and pre-warned him about my purchase and he started laughing with me only being 21 :laughing: said it shouldn't be a problem though

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
They wont be able to give you any quotes not until the car is actually made and ready to hit UK streets

·
Registered
111 Posts
Your best bet is to put some insurance quotes in for the new A45 and RS3, that way you know the RS will be cheaper than those quotes. I got £845 for the rs3 and £882 for the merc :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I got about £800 for the RS3 (same price almost as my fiesta ST) and just for fun did one on a Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 and that was £1300

I'm hoping for around the £600-£700 mark

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
Haha im sure its to get the mk3 side of things buzzing. Why ask for quotes when the vehicle isn't even a registered model on the road yet, until the focus rs is actually released for road use you wont get any quotes.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Haha im sure its to get the mk3 side of things buzzing. Why ask for quotes when the vehicle isn't even a registered model on the road yet, until the focus rs is actually released for road use you wont get any quotes.
MK3 side of things are already pretty buzzing. 8) Got my email confirmation through from Ford this morning so I'm particularly buzzing :bounce:

·
previously GrahamS
1,138 Posts
What do people do with regards to items from the list of options? Should they be declared as deviations from the manufacturers standard specification which the insurer needs to know about?

You know what insurers are like for trying to find any excuse to avoid paying claims

·
Super Moderator
BMW 1M
10,785 Posts
What do people do with regards to items from the list of options? Should they be declared as deviations from the manufacturers standard specification which the insurer needs to know about?

You know what insurers are like for trying to find any excuse to avoid paying claims
You should declare them as options fitted by the manufacturer from new.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.