Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting close to whopping my order in now...... Black or white, that's the question, has anyone seen this Shadow Black? I'd like to know the colour of the flake!

I know I don't have to choose just yet but was wondering about the actual colour black it will be!!!

CheeRS

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Lol I like the panther black had a fiesta ST, focus ST3 and titanium X in it and it's a smashing color lol shame they haven't carried on with it lol
When I saw the black one at Evans Halshaw it almost had a gold fleck. But that's not to say that will appear in the production model as the bumper and bonnet were different. And judging by the VIN it did start life as a Panther Black ST so who knows...

21174833431_5676cb2174_b.jpg
Jesus lol that paintwork looks terrible haha what they been wiping it down with steel wool!?!? Haha

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Lol I like the panther black had a fiesta ST, focus ST3 and titanium X in it and it's a smashing color lol shame they haven't carried on with it lol

Jesus lol that paintwork looks terrible haha what they been wiping it down with steel wool!?!? Haha
And there lies the problem with the black. You literally cant touch it and unless its polished to within an inch of its life it'll always look a bit grubby.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Isn't it a mica colour

Pearlescent paints replace the metal particles with ceramic crystals (often called "mica") that don't just reflect light but refract it too, splitting it into different colours by allowing some light in and slowing it down as it passes through. This gives the paint not just a sparkle, but a deep colour that can vary depending on how you look at it, making for interesting effects where the car's bodywork creases or changes direction. In direct sunlight, pearlescent paint knocks spots off metallic finishes. - See more at: https://www.carwow.co.uk/blog/car-paint-types-guide

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When I saw the black one at Evans Halshaw it almost had a gold fleck. But that's not to say that will appear in the production model as the bumper and bonnet were different. And judging by the VIN it did start life as a Panther Black ST so who knows...

21174833431_5676cb2174_b.jpg
This is what I wouldn't be wanting, black should be black, not goldy coloured, would maybe seem a little 'old man' ish?

No dealers around here have a Shadow Black car in yet!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.