Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, my car have idle problems but only when the engine is hot.

If i start the car when the engine is cold than the idle is up to 1500 rpm for about 1 minute then drop to 800 rpm with no issue at all. But after driving the car normally and then stop the engine for about 5-10-15 minutes and than start again the idle is going crazy, almost stalling the engine. After a couple of times going up and down the idle is stabilizing.

Any thoughts or what to check because it is very annoying, aspecially that the car is driving with no problem besides this one.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No Andy, there are any fault codes, that's why is so annoying:(
There might be some answers in this part of the forum: https://www.focusrsoc.com/forums/forum/205-mk2-engine/
Other owners have also reported similar problems .
Thank's peteg22

·
Super Moderator
BMW 1M
12,657 Posts
Is your RS standard?

Have you got an atmospheric dump valve fitted?

Does it have the same symptoms whether you're using the air conditioning or not?

As the problem occurs when the engine is hot, I'd start with checking all of the hoses first.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is your RS standard?

Have you got an atmospheric dump valve fitted?

Does it have the same symptoms whether you're using the air conditioning or not?

As the problem occurs when the engine is hot, I'd start with checking all of the hoses first.
No my Rs is not standard, i have wagner intercooler, full milltek exhaust, mountune airbox lid + x4 quad induction kit, elevate inlet, and MRC soft stage 2, iridium sparks.

I have the forge recirculating valve

When the AC is on the idle fluctuation is more persistent :(

I just changed the intercooler boost hoses, but i'll check the rest of them

Any idea how to make the boost leak test?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hope you get the problem sorted soon, good luck Let us know how you get on!
Thank you for your concerning

I really hope to fix it soon because the car is driving like crazy very happy with it, but this little thing its testing my nerves :))

BTW can you see the movie that i have uploaded, because for me it's not working

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
You can try unplugging the maf and see if it idles better or pay to get a boost pressure test?

The only other thing i would check is the boost hose that goes into the inlet plenum. Mine rubbed through against rad after replacing plenum.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts