Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
2010 Focus RS MP350 Lux 2
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a while I've fancied having a go at making some car videos for YouTube, so finally decided to have a go recently and have made one about my RS.

Constructive feedback very welcome, but bear in mind I'm just starting out/learning and my equipment isn't the best yet so go easy on me 馃槣

Anyway, hope you find it somewhat enjoyable at least!

Premium Member
Looks good! I did in fact watch this video yesterday, I also have a PB RS, though mine is 2009, Lux 1 with MT350 (plus MT plenum and Euro spec cat back). Your car seems to go well, keep up the good work 馃憤馃徎馃槑

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good! I did in fact watch this video yesterday, I also have a PB RS, though mine is 2009, Lux 1 with MT350 (plus MT plenum and Euro spec cat back). Your car seems to go well, keep up the good work 馃憤馃徎馃槑
Thanks Pete appreciate it!

Definitely need to get myself a Plenum and Cat back soon!!

Premium Member
Mk2 RS 400
Good stuff, like the car (very biased though) and I鈥檓 sure you鈥檒l refine your videos and editing as you do more.

I would say to be aware of video length, I saw 34mins and it put me off, I鈥檇 say 20 mins is absolute max, 10-15 is better, otherwise I skip through parts.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good stuff, like the car (very biased though) and I鈥檓 sure you鈥檒l refine your videos and editing as you do more.

I would say to be aware of video length, I saw 34mins and it put me off, I鈥檇 say 20 mins is absolute max, 10-15 is better, otherwise I skip through parts.
Thanks mate yeah I did think about the length after I finished it and agree I reckon max 20 mins would be better in hindsight. I think the problem is I'm able to ramble on about the RS and how good it is far too much! :ROFLMAO:

Premium Member
Great vid, similar journey with shopping for one I had, I wasn't bothered ona colour but the dynamic seats were a must!
I looked at lots over 18 months then found one 15 miles from home...

Subscribed.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great vid, similar journey with shopping for one I had, I wasn't bothered ona colour but the dynamic seats were a must!
I looked at lots over 18 months then found one 15 miles from home...

Subscribed.
Thanks mate appreciate it!

Funny how when you're prepared to go anywhere you end up finding one so close! 馃榿

Premium Member
Nice one James..Good first go.Sound quality will come the more you do.i wanted white but the first one I saw was horrid..the next a blue one had bits missing..however my search only lasted 4 days because only 10 miles away I bought my blue one.after 4 years of ownership I still cannot believe how well they handle..just done a spirited driving weekend up in the Highlands of Scotland and it was awesone.
The car is clearly what you wanted so mileage and price doesn't matter.
Look forward to your next video.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice one James..Good first go.Sound quality will come the more you do.i wanted white but the first one I saw was horrid..the next a blue one had bits missing..however my search only lasted 4 days because only 10 miles away I bought my blue one.after 4 years of ownership I still cannot believe how well they handle..just done a spirited driving weekend up in the Highlands of Scotland and it was awesone.
The car is clearly what you wanted so mileage and price doesn't matter.
Look forward to your next video.
Thanks Carl yeah I always think these cars feel special each and every time you drive them! And yes, fingers crossed I picked the right one - so far so good! :cool:

Really enjoyed that mate very well put together i struggle getting a half decent photo of a car never mind something like that lol well done !
Thanks mate, I know what you mean. I'm by no means an expert as you can tell, but hoping to try and improve with each video I make, and as I upgrade equipment etc!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Owned the mk3 from new just over 5yrs and it鈥檚 remained standard. Always loved everything RS, but the mk3 is the only one I鈥檝e had the pleasure of having.
5 years is a fair while to own a car and keep it standard, you must really love it! Doesn't seem like Ford is going to make a MK4 RS so do you think you'll hang onto it long term?

Premium Member
James I am cannot envisage a time when I will part company with the RS. Maybe if a new RS came out. As you say, a real shame there is to be no mk4, we believe. I think back to 2016 when this forum was a real exciting place to visit as people began to take delivery of the new mk3. I think the forum has suffered with no new RS but credit to the mk2 owners here who remained and kept it busy.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts