Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Right guys, may be a bit premature with this thread but as I have already decided what spec I'm getting the new RS in and my first mods I'm going to make, thought I'd waste sometime tonight and start my thread.

Spec,

Nitrous blue
Black forged wheels
Nothing else. Not a thing.

Why

The day it arrives, this may break some hearts, it's getting stripped down to become a track car :)

Poly windows and big brakes will be waiting for it. It will already be booked in for a roll cage and then il fit bucket seats and harnesses.

Engine will remain standard for a short while but i will be looking for 500 ish bhp shortly after.

I have had my fiesta track car for a short while and have been looking for something bigger faster and more capable, I have also had my name down on the reservation list. It just seems the smart thing to do, 2 birds with 1 stone.

I wont be happy with a bog standard road going mk3 so on the 17th, once the order form is away for a bog spec car that will be it set in stone, track car mk3.

Full mk3 Rs interior for sale the day it arrives guys, tell your mk3 ST friends.

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Very nice mate :nice: It's not something I would look into doing so I'll be very interested to follow what and how you go about setting the car up

I may also be interested in a few parts here and there for some diy experiments for my own haha :yep:

·
Administrator
49,107 Posts
The day it arrives, this may break some hearts, it's getting stripped down to become a track car :)

Poly windows and big brakes will be waiting for it. It will already be booked in for a roll cage and then il fit bucket seats and harnesses.

Engine will remain standard for a short while but i will be looking for 500 ish bhp shortly after.
Awesome , this is one to look forward to . :bow:

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Also looking forward to this, I would like around 500bhp in my road going car. I'm worried 350bhp just wont be enough when coming out of a 160bhp diesel Kuga :whistle:

I'm confident the engine will take the upgrades but am just hoping the standard transmission and drivetrain will take a 33% increase in power / torque

·
Registered
227 Posts
I assume you won't be using the stop start option.
Who on earth will use the stop start on an RS, seriously? if anyone is worried about fuel saving, I think this is the wrong car for them!

This could be an interesting project to follow. There surely will not be many products available for the RS ready for this build.

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Who on earth will use the stop start on an RS, seriously? if anyone is worried about fuel saving, I think this is the wrong car for them!
:thumbsup: exactly! You're getting a performance car... if your having to think twice about saving fuel then I don't think it's for you!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

This could be an interesting project to follow. There surely will not be many products available for the RS ready for this build.
haha, i dont know about the stop start, Ok, not on mine as it will be a track car but i dont mind the car shutting itself down at the lights. Saves a little extra fuel to burn on the a roads :DDance:

There wont be "many" parts. The poly windows are the same as the ST. Roll cage is custom built and welded to the car. Brakes, well, fronts, these may fit from the ST. All the rest Simon will be using his MK3 and this one to develop.

as i say, the engine will remain pretty standard for a while as there wont be much out there and im looking forward to seeing the difference modifications make to my lap times. Rather than my other build which is just POOWWWEEEERRR, I want mods to this car to improve the cars ability on track and if we cross a line, i would like to step back.

I bet Simon cant wait haha :bleh:

Looking forward to this! :)

Are you going to go for aftermarket wheels? If so, why bother paying the extra for the forged alloys?
not sure what im doing wheel wise. but, to spec the forged wheels will be less from the factory, than i could sell them on for later on. if that makes sense. i will be getting an expensive, in demand (from ST owners) wheel for not too much more money from ford. Will sell them on if i dont use them.

Idiot :rofl: can't wait haha
haha. lets hope i dont pop it in the gravel on lap 1 :blush:

You keeping your mk2 beast aswell?
cant get rid of that ever. worth more to me than any body else.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Right guys, may be a bit premature with this thread but as I have already decided what spec I'm getting the new RS in and my first mods I'm going to make, thought I'd waste sometime tonight and start my thread.
Spec,
Nitrous blue
Black forged wheels
Nothing else. Not a thing.
Why
I have had my fiesta track car for a short while and have been looking for something bigger faster and more capable, I have also had my name down on the reservation list. It just seems the smart thing to do, 2 birds with 1 stone.
I wont be happy with a bog standard road going mk3 so on the 17th, once the order form is away for a bog spec car that will be it set in stone, track car mk3.
Full mk3 Rs interior for sale the day it arrives guys, tell your mk3 ST friends.
Sorry I don't get it, why?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts