Focus RS Forum banner

How to change the KEYFOB Battery .

12K views 88 replies 46 participants last post by  Mr Angry 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#24 ·
How often does the battery need changing?
My keyless entry fob seems to need batteries at least every year, but then I do use the car most days.

First time it happened I panicked and dashed into a Ford dealer, not my local one and tried to get it changed.
After waiting nearly 20 mins at the deserted parts counter a parts guy appeared and after another long wait appeared with a battery and in a not so friendly manner informed me "this should fit but we don't change batteries"
So I had to sit in the car with the handbook in the pouring rain and do it myself, so much for Ford customer care.

ROG/RS

#32 ·
just read this as needed to change my battery. Cheers clive yet another quality how to.

just a thought on battery going flat. I always wear gloves when doing this a i was told the oils in your skin can increase resistance to contacts, so if i were you the next time you change the battery clean contacts with ipa and straighten if required. And wear gloves. Just a thought

#52 ·
A lot of thanks for this Clive, changed mine as got low battery message in car. Original was Panasonic changed for a duracell seems fine.

I see the board is made by Siemens, using local German suppliers makes sense for Ford.

I couldn't believe now easy this was.

Thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.