Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
2 years , just like Mk2 - end of the Mk3 Focus model.

So these aren't pre-produced like the Mk2, and Ford can make one as and when they like, and from what we believe with global production etc they want to make as many ££s as possible from this car, they're not worried about exclusivity. Im customer 4001 and they're going to say no..

·
Premium Member
4,583 Posts

So these aren't pre-produced like the Mk2, and Ford can make one as and when they like, and from what we believe with global production etc they want to make as many ££s as possible from this car, they're not worried about exclusivity. Im customer 4001 and they're going to say no..
I agree they'll build whatever they have orders for if possible but I also think it'll be self limiting anyway, there are only so many folks in the UK who will be prepared to purchase a £30+K Ford Focus at list price plus they'll be some badge snobbery too for some folks.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I will not be paying list price under any circumstances- no matter what old bull a ford salesman will tell you that there are no discounts available etc.

Just stand your ground and eventually - if you persist a deal can be made.

Remember, if a ford store is not limited to the amount of orders it can place it would not make sound business sense to turn away potential buyers on a no discounting philosophy.

The golf r was available from launch via drive the deal with at least a £2k discount and there are long waiting times for this vehicle - so don't swallow any old rubbish from your dealer.

Unless of course you are desperate to own one and can't be bothered with haggling.

It's your money.

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts

No global production, all made in Germany and I think there will be a production line for the RS so there will be a limit to how many can be made in a month etc. Even for the Fiesta ST my wife had a 3 month waiting list and that has even more "standard" build.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
No global production, all made in Germany and I think there will be a production line for the RS so there will be a limit to how many can be made in a month etc. Even for the Fiesta ST my wife had a 3 month waiting list and that has even more "standard" build.
Yup I had to wait 3 months back in 2009 for my ST3

1 - 11 of 11 Posts