Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tuners Nightmare Jnr has spilled some milk in the wife's ST and its got into the carpet.

As you can imagine the smell is horrendous!

Anyone know of any good odor eating liquids? save us getting the carpet pulled out and cleaned.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
At work we use a strong cleaner called smell buster spray if you google it you may be able to purchase on line ,
I spilt 6 pints of milk in the boot of my Audi once , it was cleaned professionally but every summer guaranteed it would stink of sour milk it's the worst thing to get rid of , baby milk is as bad, if you have no luck with off the shelf stuff then let me know and I see if I can get some smell buster to you ,

·
Registered
327 Posts
The trick is pulling the old milk out of the area .
G101 is a good cleaner and will break down the old milk but unless you get a good wet vac to pull the solution back out , it will continue to smell for ever and a day .
This happened in my company car , I soaked the area with G101 and used stiff brush to agitate then used the vac at my local petrol station :smile: had to return and do it again after it dried as still slight smell .

Then I used chemical guys Apple odoriser for a few weeks .

Good luck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the tips.

Will order something and get to a proper industrial hoover to get the fluid out.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I remember when we used to work on a fleet of vectras for a company and one of them had a pint of milk leak all over the rear carpet in the summers, smelt horrific. They ended up selling it.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I remember when we used to work on a fleet of vectras for a company and one of them had a pint of milk leak all over the rear carpet in the summers, smelt horrific. They ended up selling it.
had to do the same with my Audi it stank as soon as car got warm, that was 6 pints that spilt in the boot,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.