Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Had a look on the forum but can't find anything that helps. I'm fitting a hard pipe kit and have hit an issue with removing the pipes to the symposer.

How do you remove the clips on the orange pipes? I can't work it out.

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Yes, mole grips and if you have long nose grips even better.

Set the adjustable jaw width and when you clamp onto the clip the jaws will lock and suspend the spring in an open fashion allowing you to slide the spring clip along the pipe, the pipe can then be removed easily.

Pics below

Material property Wood Jewellery Circle Font
Bicycle handlebar Automotive tire Bicycle tire Material property Bicycle part
Wood Thigh Foot Human leg Street fashion
Wood Security Jewellery Lock Padlock

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
the clips also break very easily and if the tag snaps off they can be an absolute pain to get off without knackering the hose :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
13,256 Posts
Just need a small pair of these

attachicon.gif
image.jpeg
Yep they are the best, fine nose mole grips. I found that access is the biggest problem, its easier if you take the metal angle fixing the symposer to the block off first. Also remove the headlamp one screw on top then pull out. You can then manoeuvre the mole grips into place and lock onto the clip which means you can then pull the symposer off the pipe and remove it.

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
its easier if you take the metal angle fixing the symposer to the block off first.
Yes this is a must.

Also remove the headlamp one screw on top then pull out.
Never had to be this drastic. Once the bracket is off, the orange hose is fairly soft and can be twisted to expose the spring clips lugs

You can then manoeuvre the mole grips into place
Smaller grips make it easier :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.