Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,522 Posts
Hi peeps need a bit of advice

I use the Ctek 5.0 battery conditioner / charger on my RS as its off the road for 7 months of the year
My problem being I had the scooter out a run today and when putting it back in the garage I ran over my RS's 5.0 Ctek and its busted I know I know I'm a booby :laughing:

Question is I have a Ctek XS 0.8 can I use that ? Or do I need to buy another 5.0 ?

Input device Gadget Font Audio equipment Peripheral
Font Material property Measuring instrument Technology Scale

Attachments

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Hi peeps need a bit of advice
I use the Ctek 5.0 battery conditioner / charger on my RS as its off the road or 7 months of the year
My problem being I had the scooter out a run today and when putting it back in the garage I ran over my RS's 5.0 Ctek and its busted I know I know I'm a booby :laughing:
Question is I have a Ctek XS 0.8 can I use that ? Or do I need to buy another 5.0 ?
attachicon.gif
image.jpeg
attachicon.gif
image.jpeg
I think the 0.8 is mainly for scooters and lower capacity 12v batteries. It would probably be ok to maintain the battery on the RS but it wouldn't be man enough to go through the full discharge and recharge proceeds that the correct CTEKs are able to do.

I think you probably need to replace your CTEK 5.

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
From the CTek website, the data for the XS 0.8 is as follows

VOLT: 12V
CHARGING CURRENT: 0,8A max
CHARGER TYPE: Six step, fully automatic charging cycle
BATTERY CAPACITY: 1.232Ah up to 100Ah for maintenance

And for the MXS 5.0 as follows

VOLT: 12V
CHARGING CURRENT: 5A max
CHARGER TYPE: 8 step, fully automatic charging cycle
BATTERY CAPACITY: 1.2110Ah up to 160Ah for maintenance

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.