Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Got in my car just now and the car wont start. The left front light came on and wont go off. No sound when I press start button either. Also, can't open trunk(luckily my doors wasn't locked ). Key doesn't seem to work despite changing key battery. The screen show "no key detected "though.
Is this the symptom of dead car battery? If it is, how do I get radio code before taking off battery ? The manual folder is in my trunk, and I can't open!
Any suggestion would be much appreciated .
Thanks,
Danai

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
@Danairs500 Not sure if you've got it already, Danai, but just in case you do need the owners manual and you can't access the one in your car, here is a link to the online version:

http://www.focusrsoc.com/forums/topic/998-focus-handbook-2008-online-english/?&p=13506&hl=handbook&fromsearch=1

I have found it very useful and downloaded a copy onto my laptop; I tend to use this version more than the one in my car! :smile:

On the subject of the battery, mine is still on the original and so far so good... :whistle: I suppose it's only a matter of time before I have to replace it though! :cry:

Edit: just tried the owners manual link on that thread and the one in post no.1 has been deleted, tried Rich's link in post no.2 and that the page seemed to take ages to load... :whistle: So it might just be worth ignoring this post Danai! :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
23,438 Posts
On the subject of the battery, mine is still on the original and so far so good... :whistle: I suppose it's only a matter of time before I have to replace it though! :cry:
Modern batteries tend to keep on working until the end of their life, a bit like a laptop or phone battery, where it'll work perfectly, then bang, nothing, whereas in the old days with older battery technology, you may have the odd warning, give it a charge & it'd last another 6 months or more.

Also need to remember that hot weather can finish off a battery just like cold weather, it has a similar effect on them.

I would definitely say, once the OE battery is 6 years old, either change it or have a new one ready on standby. :yep:

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
Modern batteries tend to keep on working until the end of their life, a bit like a laptop or phone battery, where it'll work perfectly, then bang, nothing, whereas in the old days with older battery technology, you may have the odd warning, give it a charge & it'd last another 6 months or more.

Also need to remember that hot weather can finish off a battery just like cold weather, it has a similar effect on them.

I would definitely say, once the OE battery is 6 years old, either change it or have a new one ready on standby. :yep:
Good call I think Gareth, will add it to the list of impending purchases for the RS (got to get two tyres fairly soon!) :nice: I knew cold weather wasn't good for batteries of any kind but didn't know hot weather could do the same? Interesting, every day is a school day! :smile:

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
Uhm...I guess it must be some kind of bad slang word in Europe?? In US English it only means disappear or vaporize !
Pardon me guys...:-0
You're not wrong Danai, but some would say it does have another meaning which isn't quite so innocent! :whistle: :laughing: I would say there are far worse words to use out there mate so I wouldn't get too concerned about it :wink: Plus it was used in a perfectly innocent context!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You'watching ou wrong Danai, but some would say it does have another meaning which isn't quite so innocent! :whistle: :laughing: I would say there are far worse words to use out there mate so I wouldn't get too concerned about it :wink: Plus it was used in a perfectly innocent context!
Oh..I see. Oopse! Thanks alot, Pete!
Guess my vocabulary is getting rusty and outdated ;-)
Will be watching out on my choices of vocabs next time around.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.