Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Premium Member
2009 Ford Focus RS mk2
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all and help and guidance on this one will as always be much appreciated 馃憤馃憤

I have bought myself a pro alloy cross over pipe, it鈥檚 the standard option one which means the end that attaches to the turbo is the standard diameter of 2.5 inch

the end that attaches to the airbox the diameter is 3.0 inch so my question to any member who has one fitted, what pipe work did you use to plumb it in? I鈥檝e just fitted a new set of hoses and don鈥檛 really want to loose the one off the airbox if possible

many thanks in advance 馃憤馃憤

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Grille

Automotive exterior Auto part Gun accessory Tints and shades Tool

Premium Member
2009 Ford Focus RS mk2
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't answer your pipework question, but have you considered what effect that will have on your MAFF readings and consequently the tune you're running?
thanks Andy I appreciate your input 馃槈 with this pipe where the maff sits it is the same size as the oe Ford xop so recalibration is not required, pro do an upgraded pipe which is 3鈥 all the way the through, with that the one maff needs recalibration to suit 馃憤 have spoken with and pro and my tuner so all should be ok with map and running, just need to sort the plumbing out on the pipe work 馃憤馃憤

Super Moderator
BMW 1M
thanks Andy I appreciate your input 馃槈 with this pipe where the maff sits it is the same size as the oe Ford xop so recalibration is not required, pro do an upgraded pipe which is 3鈥 all the way the through, with that the one maff needs recalibration to suit 馃憤 have spoken with and pro and my tuner so all should be ok with map and running, just need to sort the plumbing out on the pipe work 馃憤馃憤
I'm actually referring to the pipe reduction being so close to the MAF.

If you look back, some people experienced incorrect MAF readings from some of the early versions of upgraded induction pipes.
Even Mountune at the time of MP350 offered corrective actions to take to smooth the inlet flow so any turbulence didn't affect the MAF readings.

My observation is not based on any credible engine tuning experience, just years of experience in Instrumentation.

Premium Member
2009 Ford Focus RS mk2
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I run this pipe I contacted Paul @ roose motorsport and he made me the pipe to suit 馃憤馃徎 View attachment 856908

cheeRS Paul nice one ;) I was thinking about them today was going to ring but they are mon-fri (y) I'll give him a bell monday (y) love your car dude been painted properly love the colour

1 - 6 of 6 Posts