Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening,

Just thought I'd say hello as I'm new to the group. Having owned a few ST's and admiring the RS from afar, I'm now in a position where I am about to order the mk3 Focus RS.

I saw it for the first time over at Essex Ford in Dunton today and will be placing my order once pricing is confirmed. I've found Lookers Chelmsford and Essex Ford at Dunton very poor with the knowledge they have.

I'd be really interested to hear of anyone's comments and especially experiences in or near to Essex.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
Dave - PB Mk2 2009 - 1 Owner ME.
11,443 Posts
@John W

Welcome John.

You would do well to pay a years membership fee and have access to the full site, it's inly £10, discounts available for multi year.

There is an Essex region meet on Sunday 30th August, come along and meet a few people.

As for Essex dealers, what can I say?
the RS is only being sold through "ford stores"
MK2 members use Rates of Grays for servicing, as do many others from counties around us.
Dependant on where you are in Essex you could look at JohnGrose Ipswich, I think they may become a Ford Store or others in areas around the nearest counties, if you don't get a comfortable feeling from EAG or Lookers.

That said, there are no prices out yet or spec sheets, but that should change around mid sept when Frankfurt motor show occurs as there is much speculation in the mk3 section of these becoming available, so not long to wait now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@John W
Welcome John.
You would do well to pay a years membership fee and have access to the full site, it's inly £10, discounts available for multi year.
There is an Essex region meet on Sunday 30th August, come along and meet a few people.
As for Essex dealers, what can I say?
the RS is only being sold through "ford stores"
MK2 members use Rates of Grays for servicing, as do many others from counties around us.
Dependant on where you are in Essex you could look at JohnGrose Ipswich, I think they may become a Ford Store or others in areas around the nearest counties, if you don't get a comfortable feeling from EAG or Lookers.
That said, there are no prices out yet or spec sheets, but that should change around mid sept when Frankfurt motor show occurs as there is much speculation in the mk3 section of these becoming available, so not long to wait now.
Thanks Dave, I will be taking the full membership. I spoke to a guy at Lookers today who seemed to know what he was talking about so it looks like I will be going with them. I did speak to Rates a few weeks ago who have something going with John Grose. Basically I could order the car through Rates and they went through John Grose but it seemed to be too much messing about.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts