Focus RS Forum banner
81 - 100 of 119 Posts

· Registered
728 Posts
Had mine since April 16 (and just under 14k miles) and only had a few minor niggles. Had a new windscreen as a couple of the heated elements were faulty (sorted under warranty) had the drive mode selection issue a few times but that was sorted (again under warranty) and I had a undertray self destruct due to ingesting snow which was sorted through Ford CRC. Got to say, it's been a really great ownership experience and I feel I've been well looked after.
They really are a great car.

· Registered
2,784 Posts
19 months and just over 8 k miles, Had some paint runs/sags fixed, it took ford about 3 months from complaining at pick up to address as they then said it's a warranty claim, have had niggling rattles behind dash from new, been into ford several times but they can never seem to find the problem so just turn the stereo up louder now and have gave up lol.

Had my electric mirrors fail but they sorted that easily enough. My car has the recall showing on etis for the head gasket repair but best not commenting on their appalling customer service on that issue.

No other problems to report.

I guess the way to buy a mk3 is a second hand one, you can get one for around 25k now, they have been mass produced and ford really have shafted us loyal RS owners. Even the special edition customers must be fuming, like the blue edition, the red edition and now a special orange one! There are simply far to many for the prices to ever recover. I'll be keeping mine as there is no way I'd sell it for like 23k at todays prices.

I kept my mk2 for over 6 years, paid 26k new and got just over 21k when I sold it on.

Be interesting to see when my mk3 is 6 year old what it will be worth.

· Registered
144 Posts
16K miles in 14mths. 375 from 8K. Not a murmur - been good as gold.

The only things that annoy me are steering related. The veering and the wandering-after-cambers-and-ruts. Nothing you cant cope with though. Other than that car has been faultless.

· Registered
1,910 Posts
No problems here, after 5,600 miles (purchased November 2016).

The car did get the 'Drive modes not available' error message, but literally as I parked it up outside Mountune HQ for FPM 375. The ECU flash sorted out that error message and it hasn't occurred since.

I had plenty of issues with a botched security installation, but that's not the car's fault and has now been rectified.

· Registered
359 Posts
:laughing: The OP asks if anyone has had NO problems with their car & lots posting 'apart from'................. :whistle: :facepalm: :laughing:
I can sort that - Bought new in November 2016, covered just over 5k miles, and no issues whatsoever! :thumbsup:

Apart from needing a new head gasket at some point in the future :facepalm:

· Registered
1,432 Posts
So far I've had;

Multiple "Hill Start Assist Unavailable" messages...but oddly I've never, in almost 12k, seen the drive mode warning.

One new clutch pedal assembly due to a failed weld causing the bracket to creak.

One new engine.

None of the above would stop me ordering another one right now. Engine aside they're minor things and what you get back when you get the RS on a suitable quiet road more than makes up for it.

· Registered
16 Posts
Had from new, 8mths old and done 4k miles. Is subject to engine recall but currently showing no symptoms.

Minor issues: B post rattle, "Drive Mode Unavailable" (twice), Sync3 system failing to start up (three times) none of which bother me enough to do anything about before the first service is due.

Otherwise it goes like excrement off a lightly greased shovel and I'd buy another.

· Registered
7,162 Posts
New complete transfer box due to weeping seals both ends

New complete sunroof/runners etc due to being unable to align it without causing wind noise

Undertray fills up with ice and slush and bows to rub on the ice/slush which mean it collects more ice and slush....Grr

Still love driving it 16 months in (apart from when it decides to collect slush) :laughing:

· Registered
257 Posts
Mines on a January 2017, NB with 3k miles. What a car!!! no issues to report and like others just puts smiles per miles and would highly recommend to anyone thinking of buying. I have owned a good few cars over the years but this one just blows them out the water. Most impressive for me is the handling, it is just stuck to the road and what a feeling taking the bends like your on rails. Cheers Tom

· Registered
Jason SB MK3 RS
437 Posts
Mines on a January 2017, NB with 3k miles. What a car!!! no issues to report and like others just puts smiles per miles and would highly recommend to anyone thinking of buying. I have owned a good few cars over the years but this one just blows them out the water. Most impressive for me is the handling, it is just stuck to the road and what a feeling taking the bends like your on rails. Cheers Tom
Couldn't have put it better myself Tom superb car imo...ticks all the boxes :thumbsup:

81 - 100 of 119 Posts