Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All , so the 18th is fast approaching :yep: when do you have to hand over any cash to frauds , Ive already put a bag of sand down at tch,

when will they want anymore ? Ive still got my UG and the money when I sell it will be going towards the Mk3 ,

UG will up for sale sept/oct. when i get my holiday out the way and get my ass into gear

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
You shouldn't have to hand over the full balance until the day you pick it up (unless you choose to pay in advance) .
That's good to know, it's something I was starting to think about too as I've never bought a brand new car before

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
As others have said, full balance is to be settled only upon actual car arriving at the dealers.
Until then , anything from 500-1.5k is usually covers deposit.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I find it shocking that you can order a potential 35k car with just a 500 quid dipper. Couldn't believe it when my dealership said.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
What @Eddy1309 said!

My O/H was interested in a Fiesta ST before they came out - our dealer said she could put a £500 refundable deposit down. If she didn't like it when it arrived, she'd get the £500 back. But they'd have the car still.

·
Premium Member
13,256 Posts
Never paid a deposit when I ordered my MK2. When the car was ready I handed over the keys to my MK1 plus a cheque and collected my new car. It would have been the sameday but the tax was held up. I guess it just depends on the relationship with your dealer.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Don't you get reported to the authorities if you place a large amount of notes in?
If you pay £50 by card then you can use as much cash as you want, the card gives them the money laundering trace, but if you pay with over £10k in cash they start to ask questions in the UK, in Ireland if you don't pay by cash they wonder if there is something wrong.

My mates brother is dealer principle at Land Rover dealership in Cork, RR part exchanged and guy paid with €110k in cash.

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
When you buy your car a good tip is to pay a certain amount (double it check it but I think it is over £100 or £300) by credit card.

Pay the rest however you like.

You might be charged a few percentage points on the amount, so like £10-£15 for paying by card.

But they key is that if anything goes wrong with the car, irrespective if it cost £30k and you paid the rest in cash, that amount you paid by credit card makes the card company jointly liable for anything that goes wrong.

So say you drive out and the gearbox packs up and Ford don't care, you can chase the credit card company for damages.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.