Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
What do you think?

Had them done by Hydrotek Custom Coatings http://www.hydrotekcustomcoatings.com who are based near Durham, they do a fantastic job and the finish is faultless, you can even send them parts in the post too which is a really great idea.

Have to say I was in two minds about getting it done as I quite like the std look too but I'm really pleased with the result now it is :)

Ps not as good as real carbon I know but it's less than half the price doing it this way ;)

Camera accessory Auto part Gun accessory Font Machine Tire Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Camera lens Reflex camera Digital camera Fender Green Bicycle part Font Musical instrument accessory Auto part Sports equipment Hood Bicycle part Bumper Fish hook Netbook Bumper Automotive exterior Hood Sleeve Car Vehicle Green Hood Grille Car Green Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Green Motor vehicle Hood Product Tool Automotive tire Green Motor vehicle Hood Sports equipment Vehicle Hood Green Automotive tire Toy Automotive tire Hood Green Automotive lighting Camera Hood Green Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Green Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Automotive lighting

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Looks good. Do you think the heat in the engine bay might cause them to peel off? I just came back from a long drive and opened the bonnet to let everything cool off. Like a sauna in the garage right now I've got a fan on the engine cooling everything off.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looks good. Do you think the heat in the engine bay might cause them to peel off? I just came back from a long drive and opened the bonnet to let everything cool off. Like a sauna in the garage right now I've got a fan on the engine cooling everything off.
Yeah no issues with heat mate, it's the original plastics and they don't melt anyway but the paint etc for dipping is all high temp stuff, I had the metal inlet manifold on my Impreza STi (which does get hot) done by him and never had any issues ;)

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Yeah no issues with heat mate, it's the original plastics and they don't melt anyway but the paint etc for dipping is all high temp stuff, I had the metal inlet manifold on my Impreza STi (which does get hot) done by him and never had any issues ;)
In that case I'll have a look into it. I don't like going mad with engine mods and dressing but this looks neat and fits in well, so like it a lot.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.