Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Brake Testing Legend
4,176 Posts
This GT40 turned up in work today, it's one of only seven Mk3 1967 road cars built. It's one of the original press cars.

Got a passenger ride which was pretty cool.

It's valued at approx 5,000,000 smackaroos :yep:

Certainly brightened my day :grin:

Attachments

·
Registered
Dave - PB Mk2 2009 - 1 Owner ME.
11,511 Posts
That registration used to be on a silver one parked in the Ford trade school when I was an apprentice in 1973.

It was a daily chore to push the damn thing in and out of the workshop, one person steering and about 6 of us pushing it.

I drive have a steer once myself, awesome feeling even without power, damned heavy steering at low speed and no power steering in those days.

I do remember shutting the door on one of the aloof apprentices, he was also quite tall and the top part of the door hit him on the head, he sank down and we all started pushing the car towards a wall. :rofl: :rofl: those were the days.

·
Brake Testing Legend
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That registration used to be on a silver one parked in the Ford trade school when I was an apprentice in 1973.

It was a daily chore to push the damn thing in and out of the workshop, one person steering and about 6 of us pushing it.

I drive have a steer once myself, awesome feeling even without power, damned heavy steering at low speed and no power steering in those days.

I do remember shutting the door on one of the aloof apprentices, he was also quite tall and the top part of the door hit him on the head, he sank down and we all started pushing the car towards a wall. :rofl: :rofl: those were the days.
It could well be the same car as it has just been re-sprayed red for a recreation of an old advert that used a red Mk3. I can't remember if he said it was white or silver before.

·
Registered
Dave - PB Mk2 2009 - 1 Owner ME.
11,511 Posts
It could well be the same car as it has just been re-sprayed red for a recreation of an old advert that used a red Mk3. I can't remember if he said it was white or silver before.
It may well have been silver then white now red, I seem to recall a white GT40 at Warley some years ago sporting same reg no.

I also heard rumour that a couple of years after I left Harold hill trade school a couple of apprentices decided to take the GT40 for a run up the A12, I seem to recall they got suspended for a week or two without pay.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.