Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,834 Posts
Evening folks,

I'm after some advice on how to cure a whistle; at motorway speeds (above a certain speed :whistle: :smile: ) I start hearing a constant whistling noise, from what appears to be in the region of the roof. I think I have narrowed it down to the Roof Gutter Trims on one (or both) sides. The reason being is that both of these trims look like they've popped up slightly; if you press down on them with a finger, they depress a small distance before springing back out slightly.

What is it that actually originally secured these trims in place? Is it some sort of strong double-sided tape (sorry, lay-mans terminology here!) or some sort of adhesive? I'm just wondering how easy it will be to remove these things and get them bonded back down again, if that's possible...

Cheers :thumbsup:

Pete

·
Premium Member
3,834 Posts
Are you sure its not from the door seals.
It could be, however i'm more convinced that it's the roof trims; they appear to me to not quite be in position. Will have a look though, thanks Roger :nice:

non res exhaust.... Sorted :thumbsup:
:laughing: I like your thinking mate, though not quite the answer I was hoping for to be honest! :whistle: :nice: I must admit, I did have a little nosey at some exhausts online after our meet the other week... You two are BAD!! :laughing:

·
Premium Member
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, think i've got to the bottom of the whistle...

Before I started attacking the roof trim, I thought I would first try and remove the black bonnet lip trim, renew the double-sided tape and try re-seating it as it looked like it was lifting a bit in the middle, which could have let air through the small gap and cause a whistle. Well, I was out in the car tonight and dare I say it, so far, it seems to have worked; no whistle! :whistle: :smile: :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,834 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.