Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Saw it in a car magazine too. Not bad.

But I find when driving that I need to look at the badge on the back of a Golf to see if if's an R, GTI, GT etc. In simple terms they all look pretty much the same. I don't like VW anyway, so perhaps a bit biased ...

·
Registered
MR375 Clubsport
918 Posts
With the regards to the comment above about the Golf's being a little anonymous, the same can currently be said about the Mk3 ST with the exception of Tangerine Scream.

I walked past a Silver ST a the petrol pump the other day and only noticed that it was an ST when I got back to the car and saw the ST badge on the back. That is not the first time either as I regularly don't notice Mk3 ST's until I see the badge, not like Mk2 ST's which is always recognizable. Hope the new RS stands out more than the ST does.

The Golf Clubsport does look pretty good, but I could own one, as well its just a Golf.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
I like the look of that :yep: and yes i would have no problem with having one on my drive i have always liked performance golfs but never owned one i just happen to like ford rs cars even more :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Agreed ^

But until my MK3 Focus RS arrives, I will enjoy destroying every other standard hot hatch on the roads in my 7R
Until the roads become wet , cold and greasy and then all you`ll enjoy is understeer and spinning front wheels ( despite the diff ) :smile:

having seen One in the flesh I really think the golf clubsport S is a new MK2 focus RS

the interior is guality and reckon the DSG will be epic

Anyone driven one yet?
Mates got one and loves it. Had a regular GTi before and states its miles better. Maybe miles is an overstatement , just better everywhere he wants the car to perform. I think they all sold now aren`t they ?

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Mates got one and loves it. Had a regular GTi before and states its miles better. Maybe miles is an overstatement , just better everywhere he wants the car to perform. I think they all sold now aren`t they ?
I think they are you can still order the clubsport edition40 but not the S there are a couple forsale

The bucket seats and alcantra steering wheel are really nice

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Nice car, but seems silly to have limited access to the full power.
I think that's a bit daft tbh 265 then 10secs of 290 kinda odd but if you get the S it's 310bhp all the time but no back seats strange one

I really do like the clubsport tho and will be test driving asap it's on my list as possible mk2 replacement with the mk3 RS

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.