Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Brake Testing Legend
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with my GoPro Hero 2 & wondered if anyone else had experienced the same & knew how to sort it.

I hadn't used it for a while but tried it & it worked fine & still had battery power. I removed the SD card & when I put it back in & tried to turn the GoPro back on it won't. If I plug it into my laptop it says there is a fault with the USB device I have plugged in.

If I plug it into my laptop without the battery on then turn on the GoPro it comes on, then I refit the battery & all seems fine until I turn it off & it won't come back on again. Sometimes this doesn't work at all.

I'm loathed to buy a new one as alot of my accessories won't fit the later model GoPro's & in all honesty it doesn't get used all that much, but I really don't want to just chuck it all in the bin.

Any help would be much appreciated

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
I've not had this problem but I'd try and update its software and also get a spare battery and check to see if the battery is at fault. You can take it into any store and get them to check this out for you. Also replace the SD card and experiment with another. That way you rule out all the components and narrow down to the issue.

·
Brake Testing Legend
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've not had this problem but I'd try and update its software and also get a spare battery and check to see if the battery is at fault. You can take it into any store and get them to check this out for you. Also replace the SD card and experiment with another. That way you rule out all the components and narrow down to the issue.
Fair points but I really didn't want to spend more money on it if it turns out to be FUBAR.

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
I doubt it. It's a simple device and unless it's been dropped and something damaged internally it's going to be one of these things. They cost nothing to check, I'm sure any jessops would be happy to take a look for nothing.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
May be unrelated, but if the battery has been allowed to become completely flat, not just drained by use, but emptied and then left for a long time so the tiny residual current also goes, then the battery can be ruined and will charge but won't hold it.

·
Brake Testing Legend
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It worked first off all on the battery without needing any charge, so I'm not convinced it's the battery. Doesn't mean it isn't though.

I'll try the Jessops idea though, thanks.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I thought I had an issue with mine and called the after care phone line and had a nice chat with a very friendly and informative guy.
Might be worth a try and no big cost just a. Phone call

·
Brake Testing Legend
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I thought I had an issue with mine and called the after care phone line and had a nice chat with a very friendly and informative guy.
Might be worth a try and no big cost just a. Phone call
Thanks but tried that first, didn't find them that helpful.

Gave me one thing to try that didn't work so offered me to get it replaced on warranty, which would have been good if it was still in warranty.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Thanks but tried that first, didn't find them that helpful.

Gave me one thing to try that didn't work so offered me to get it replaced on warranty, which would have been good if it was still in warranty.
Thats nae so good news, hope you can get it sorted out.

Dunc

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.