Focus RS Forum banner
81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
Focus RS Mk2 MR375 Clubsport
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Service at FJRS and MOT today! Clean bill of health and no advisories 🥳
Treated myself to some new style floor mats plus also got the carbon fibre engine cover fitted. It looks great!

Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Auto part

Lastly, but definitely not leastly, I got a new centre console fitted as my last one had a little scratch in it and I wanted a perfect base for the fitting of the missing sticker, which I finally found thanks to the legend that is Ric @1tub! Thanks so much mate 🙌🏻

White Light Product Black Motor vehicle

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Hi Ian, thanks ever so much! Yes it is the new Mountune engine cover, looks great and fits really nicely. They have sold out but hey keep saying more are coming (y) I was very lucky as Moutune told me that mine was the first production one released!:geek:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
I did fit it! See post #32! I have since taken it off though as the finish to the top finish was starting to lift off :( So I put the standard one back on. I still have it and might see if I can sort it at some point.

In other news, I picked up a box of parts from Ford this morning as I noticed a small crack in my NS wing mirror housing at the weekend. Honestly don't know if I did it or if I hadn't noticed it before, very strange. Anyway, bought a new very expensive wing mirror which I am going to have a go at fitting myself as I figure I need to practice fixing this kind of stuff. If it seems too hard I'll just take it to the garage. On the plus side, I have been meaning to replace my skanky looking puddle lamps so this is a good excuse to do that. I also got a few other parts just replace things with have little scratches in or a bit of surface corrosion 🙈

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
MR420 next then? :cool:
Sorry mate, I didn't see this post! To be honest I'm quite happy with MR375 and the Clubsport stuff, so happy to draw a line there for upgrades, although always on the lookout for Mountune accessories of course! That said, I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought about it and if the parts came up for MR420 for the right price I'd certainly consider it. I'd want to go forged though and apart from the expense it's unlikely I'd find original Mountune pistons and rods. I think I'd be quite happy to just get FJRS to carry out the work and supply their preferred forged components, and this is something I'm thinking about in the distant future, but I'm mindful of veering away from the pure Mountune spec. Perhaps this doesn't really matter though and I'm just being daft. I'm also thinking of trying out a Milltek de-res centre section on the exhaust next year for example.

A few little updates on improvements etc over the last few months:

1) I finally got round to replacing the tailgate trim as the old one was looking a bit battered
Hood Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive lighting

2) I replaced the ESP switch and blanking plates as they were a little bit scratched. They weren't really too bad but, y'know...
Car Motor vehicle Gear shift Light Automotive design

3) A more costly one was noticing that my near side wing mirror had a crack in the base! I don't think I did this but if I hadn't I'm very surprised that I hadn't noticed it before. Anyway, £250 for a new wing mirror base. I thought I'd have a go at fitting it myself and I'm very proud to have managed it as fitting was actually quite straight forward (cheers YouTube). I had been planning on replacing the puddle lamp lenses anyway as they were both looking a bit manky, so I replaced them on both sides and fitted LED bulbs while I was at it.
Before
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

After
Automotive parking light Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle

Lastly, a bit of a good news as I had a massive result in finding complete sets of black and yellow Mountune boost and coolant hoses on eBay! I jumped on them when they came up and fortunately managed to bag them. I got outbid on a set of the boost hoses much earlier this year and not seen any since and I don't think I've ever seen the coolant hoses available since Mountune sold them new. So fully aware how hard these are to find! Needless to say, I bought sets of hose clips for the boost, coolant and induction hose kits from eBay before they disappeared!

Gas Bag Auto part Sports equipment Personal protective equipment

When I bought the various Mountune parts for the upgrades last year, the x4 induction kit came with two of the hoses from the induction hose kit, so I'm now only one hose away from a complete hose collection! The missing hose is the turbo to crossover hose, and if anyone has one sat on a shelf or even fitted to their car and would consider selling it then please, please get in touch. I would happily buy the entire induction hose kit, or just the hose individually.

I'd really appreciate any help from you anyone in tracking one of these down! (y)

Automotive tire Gadget Audio equipment Font Automotive lighting

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Nooo! 😆 That's annoying, oh well would've been a very random question to ask you! I might still be interested in them as spares if the price is right and you want to let them go, just drop me a DM (y)

81 - 100 of 102 Posts